Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest chon_bon

doing nothing.

Guest chon_bon

hey everyone, i've been suffering from mild acne since i was about 13. my father stuffered from severe acne so i'm pretty sure it's in my genes. since the first time i had a pimple i've been using clensers, creams, gels, etc. i've used pretty much everything you can buy at the local supermarket. after i started college my my acne seemed to get worse and left scars that lasted months. that's when i started using murad, then proactiv, and dan's regimen. out of those three i would defintely have to say that dan's bp gel (the original) worked the best. The new formula really irritated my skin and turned my face red temporarily after i applied it. I read that they changed the formula again after that one, but i've yet to try it.

anyways, i recently dropped my proactiv regimen and just stopped with all topical treatments. i've been washing my body and face with antibacterial soap (dial) morning and night. in the morning i follow with moisturizer that contains a sunscreen of spf 15.

it's been a month and i don't break out anymore. i just have pigmentation left from old pimples. hopefully those will fade over time.

but to be fair, i started taking zinc supplements 60g/day. so maybe thats whats responsible for preventing breakouts. who knows...

any thoughts?

I think this has worked for me also. I stopped treating my skin with everything, as I found it normally dried it out extremely bad, and my acne has reduced significantly over the past 2-3 weeks. I do not even use soap because it actually dries my skin (if I run water over my face in the shower for too long I have flakey skin). Not too sure... but it seems to be working for now and it is very easy for me too keep on this regimen... Back to the University next week, lets hope it holds strong.

I just fried my face and really noticed it today getting ready for work later tonight. I'm really thinking of quitting most topical products outside the csr cleanser and just seeing what that leaves me with.

I've been beating the shit out of my face with topical products for years now and I the only places I get acne are the places I put the products. I'm sick of being dry and red like I am right now.

Good luck all.

same here. i've been using acne products on my face for years and years and sometimes it would work but most times it wouldn't. a couple of months ago i just stopped using all my topical medications and my skin has cleared up so much! i recently used bp on my forehead cuz i brokeout in whiteheads due to the Apple Cider Vinegar toner.