Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

For men who have lost hair on B5

This is the only thing stopping me from starting B5, can some of you tell me your experiences pleasE? is it only temporary loss and are there any other side effects?

my other concern is also whether i have to stay on b5 forever!?

i took some today for the first time by only the recommended dose on the bottle. your help appreciated, thanks.

I'm hairier now than ever.

I was wondering about hairloss too. But I'm a girl. Just take a b-complex with it and and you should be okay.

im a male on B5.. I am concerned as well. Ive been megadosing for about 2 weeks. I did notice that some hairs were coming out while showering a week into the dosing.. I have since been using a moisturizing shampoo for dry hair and have noticed nothing since. I have tried b5 before but was taking a multivitamin and I believe the vitamin B complex in it was keeping the B5 from having any effect at all. right now i am experience the known side effects and as far as I can tell its helping my acne, but its tough to say because I just came off a raw food diet so I am transitioning to cooked food which is rough on my skin, but I expected ALOT worse, the b5 must be working. I don't believe hair loss would happen to everyone who uses B5, but at this point, I don't care if I lose my hair, as long as I lose my acne. . good luck.

knowshow,

so are you saying you have lost hair afterwards now? or not?

didnt quite understand. u said that u noticed it first, but then it went away and then now its there again?

knowshow,

so are you saying you have lost hair afterwards now? or not?

didnt quite understand. u said that u noticed it first, but then it went away and then now its there again?

i am not losing any hair !! . I just meant if I do start to lose my hair I don't care.. I don't believe that b5 would make you permanently lose your hair like a MPB type thing.. I think it could happen to anyone male or female, but thats just my opinion.

I'm hairier now than ever (i'm a guy btw).

how long befoer you got clear off the B5

While B5 worked wonders on my skin and completely stopped my sebum production, to get the full benefit from it I couldn't take a B complex as it would cause a relapse.

I found that while megadosing B5 my hair thinned on top and started receding a lot sooner than I'd have liked. It wasn't an overnight change though so look out for the changes. I mainly noticed it everytime I got my hair cut. I also noticed that my body in general became more hairy, i.e. my chest, stomach and legs.

There was definitely a direct correlation as if I came off B5 things would settle down and my hair would stop receding. I never regrew what I lost before on my scalp though, and I never lost what body hair I grew on my stomach and chest. I think B5 somehow increases the DHT levels in your body which causes premature male pattern baldness in those people who are susceptible to it later on in life.

Cheers

Craig