Notifications
Clear all

Saline Solution (Contacts)

MemberMember
(@tenyearsgone)

Posted : 08/29/2006 8:21 am

Curious to know if anyone has had trouble with saline solution breaking them out right to the sides of their nose, or where ever it may run when you are placing in/removing your contacts. I am not even too sure if a salt solution would break you out but it may explain why I have zits in this area occasionally.

If this does break anyone out it would be much appreciated if you could possibly tell me your strategy, or type of solution, you may have found that keeps you from breaking out. Thanks a bunch!

MemberMember
(@testosterone)

Posted : 08/29/2006 8:23 am

So what are you asking? Using the solution to treat acne? Or if Putting contacts in our eyes causes acne?

MemberMember
(@tenyearsgone)

Posted : 08/29/2006 8:30 am

Asking if anyone has had problems with acne occuring after they have had the saline solution on their face. Just the most likely time you would have saline solution on your face is when you are putting in/removing contacts.

MemberMember
(@beentheredonethat)

Posted : 08/29/2006 1:37 pm

Keep in mind that most commercial "saline" solutions have a lot more than just salt in them. There are usually additives such as the stuff that dissolves proteins, maybe some preservatives, etc which may be the real culprit. Have you tried switching brands? Or washing the effected area after your contacts are safely in or out?

MemberMember
(@testosterone)

Posted : 08/29/2006 1:40 pm

Why would the saline get on yer face in the first place?

I don't even use the solution unless I drop the contact on the floor when I'm putting it in or something.

MemberMember
(@smokeyjay)

Posted : 08/29/2006 3:02 pm

I had this problem, but it wasn't the saline solution. I wash my hands with soap before touching my eyes. Before I didn't, so I had acne breakouts around my eyes. If your careful, saline solution shouldn't really touch your face.

MemberMember
(@caiterrade)

Posted : 07/29/2020 7:09 am

I know this is late but saline easily gets on your face when putting it in your eyes and thus itll drip down your face. Not everyone is perfect. i only found this because I was also looking to see if there was a correlation because my breakouts seem to happen right where the saline trails down my face like tears.