Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizzie92

Scar Treatments-Oils

Hey people,

I'm just wondering if any of you guys use Bio-Oil or Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Scar Serum.

Which one is better because the second one is more expensive and so that might indicate that it is better but I want to be sure before I buy.

Also, will they block up my pores and cause me to break out again?

Do you have to be completely clear before you can use them?

Morning:

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply Benzoyl Peroxide

Apply Cetaphil Moisturiser

Night:

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply Benzoyl Peroxide

Apply Cetaphil Moisturiser

Other:

I use a St Ives Blemish control scrub twice a week

Thats what I do so where would i fit in using an oil? Would I use it at night time and cut out the Moisturiser?

I'm still at school so like I have to be able to go looking alright :eh: Thanks peoples!! :D

i wudnt use any type of oil on ur skin, they all make ur skin oily and greasy, i have used bio-oil and it did make my scars abit less noticable and its really good for red marks, but it will really block ur pores.. areas that i have used it, i have loads of deep black heads, im now just started using palmers cocoa butter formula.. which is basically a moisturising cream, it smells great, its good for dry skin, red marks, texture .. etc.... and i believe its good for indented scars, im usin it while massagin it into my face, which shud help things....... and last and not least its cheap as chips... i got it for under 3 pound for 250ml out of boots(uk).... whereas the bio oil was more like a tenne

I just started using camellia oil as a moisturizer. So far the only thing I don't like about it is that it takes it a while to absorb but it's supposed to be good for indented scars. Do a search for more info. Here is where I got mine: www.oilsbynature.com. They have a lot of other stuff too.

I've said it before on this site but bio-oil really did dramatically reduce the redness from old acne marks and three recent excisions I had done. It didn't make me break out. I toned with apple cider vinegar and then applied the bio-oil at night only. Because it is an oil, it will not rehydrate your skin so if your skin is dry (which it may be seeing you're on the bp) and you're keen to try it, then perhaps only apply every second night.

I got a sample of bio-oil from my derm to apply on my excisions and end up buying some and using it on my whole face. Maybe ring the company and ask for a sample? It's pretty cheap to buy where I am from, no more than I would spend on a cheap meal. I have just started a Retin-A treatment which has made my skin too dry to use this but once my skin on the r/a satbilises I will be using it again.