Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Italia22

Recommend a moisturizer without spf for accutane

Does anyone know of any non spf moisturizers to use on accutane that work really good? I've been using cetaphil daily facial moisturizer with spf 15 but I think its pointless to wear it when its not sunny and when going to bed. The only non spf moisturizer that i used that worked good was the cetaphil moisturizing lotion but it made my face so greasy from the nut oil thats in it. So does anyone recommend any others?

I'm using Spectro Derm right now. It's really great 'cause it cleanses AND moisturizes, so you don't need to do both. Also, my dr. recommended it for me and the pharmacist said it was better than Cetaphil.

Good luck with the accutane! I just started too, so we're in this together. =)

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

The only thing that has moisturized and didn't make face oily was Complex 15. I don't like to use it though cause it takes forever to dry. I use cetaphil cream. I tried the lotion but I hated it cause it made my face oily and sticky even though it was still dry. Cetaphil cream does make my face oily, but it's not nearly as bad.

Hard to say... It depend on your skin, if it's just a bit dry or very dry. When I was on Roaccutane my skin on face was a bit dry, but nothing that a simply moisturizer couldn't handle, in fact I used Nivea Aqua Beauty... and it worked fine, even if now I've seen they put a comedogenic ingredient in...

Roc Purif-AC has a moisturizer that's meant for people under acne treatments, so it's very moisturizing and comforting for the skin, yet oil-free and non-comedogenic.