Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brendan_192

does too much junk food really give you acne

my derm always said that eating too much junk food, greasy food too much sugar etc wont give you acne. what if im eatin heaps of it. like i eat so much ice cream its not funny, cookies, heaps of high sugar cereal. basically ive got a real problem with binge eating or somethin. i dont get fat though. sometimes ill just keep eating this junk evan if im really full. ill just keep eatin it. i dont get fat though because i prety much binge like this all day then starve the next day.

i cant see how food could be a major contributor to acne especially not bad acne like cycts or anything thats hormonal, but i can beleive it could give you extra pimples or whiteheads etc.

and yea i know i gotta do somethin about my eating problem but do you think it could be givin me extra pimples.

my derm always said that eating too much junk food, greasy food too much sugar etc wont give you acne. what if im eatin heaps of it. like i eat so much ice cream its not funny, cookies, heaps of high sugar cereal. basically ive got a real problem with binge eating or somethin. i dont get fat though. sometimes ill just keep eating this junk evan if im really full. ill just keep eatin it. i dont get fat though because i prety much binge like this all day then starve the next day.

i cant see how food could be a major contributor to acne especially not bad acne like cycts or anything thats hormonal, but i can beleive it could give you extra pimples or whiteheads etc.

and yea i know i gotta do somethin about my eating problem but do you think it could be givin me extra pimples.

I think that just about everyone accepts that if you live off junk food there are many adverse health effects and some of these will show through to your skin. However, most people on this forum go further than that and believe that there is a direct link between what they eat and their acne. Some also believe that there is some kind of conspiracy going on between doctors and drug/companies to keep the "truth" behind the diet / acne link away from sufferers. I personally have not found that to be true, but in this forum at least, I am in a minority.

frankily, many can agree with me that derms like to make false claims regarding diet and acne no? i definately beg to differ with my former derm.

lots of sugar and milk makes me break out for shizzle

Well man I can be sure that alot of junk food can give you acne zits etc.. (+ In future health problems) Mainly as we know our is skin is the most biggest organ of our body and it is connected with our other organs... So it is possible if in your inside there something wrong it can give you message by your skin example..

So I belive acne is the mean that something wrong inside you...

Hey, I have similar eatin habits to you! I can't stop eating. I eat and eat and eat all day and all night and I am still as thin as a rake! In fact, if I don't eat and eat and eat, I lose my weight that I have, which isn't much.

I am going seeing a nutritionist about it tomorrow, cos I hate being this skinny and its costin me a fortune in food!