Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Toners remove the remaining face cleanser that wasn't completely washed off, and removes remaining oil tha the cleanser doesn't get. It also gives back the moisture the cleanser takes away (natural oils?) also it evens out your skin complexion (redness or dark spots)

It does give the skin back it's moisture, but it doesn't stay on for long. It's for transferring from cleanser to moisturizer. Because have you ever tried putting moisturizer on completely dry skin after using a cleanser? It feels funny right? And doesn't completely moistures the skin.

Toner helps skin become less dry for the moisturizer. Yeah, so many benefits from a toner.

Ohh Biore. Fancy stuff. It depends, If your face seem to not be able to take that much SA, the overdrying or harsh on the skin. Then you shouldn't use it. If your current face wash is pretty strong. Then it's not a good idea. But if you have really oily face and blackhead prone skin. Then I guess it would be okay. But notice how it says "Feel the tingle as it refreshes..." Did you check the "Mistakes people make" thread, face stuff that is supposed to give you a tingly feeling has chemicals in them to make your skin feel tingly. It's not always good for the skin.

:) I hope I helped.

my toner says it has glycolic acid in it. would this help with redmarks? cause it doesnt have a percentage and theres no active ingredients. the glycolic acid is just in the normal ingredients section.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Toner brings the PH in your skin back to where it should be. It's not supposed to be an excess anything remover.

Moisturizer is used for what it says, moisturizing your skin and keeping it hydrated!

My derm says that toners aren't needed at all, because some can overdry the skin, irritate it, and to remove the cleasing milk ot gel you just need water. So, in my experience, toners aren't needed.

wouldnt a salycic acid toner work really well with the CSR? it would clean/exfoileate clogged pores allowing the BP to get deeper in the pores and kill the acne? right?

my toner says it has glycolic acid in it. would this help with redmarks?

Yes -

wouldnt a salycic acid toner work really well with the CSR? it would clean/exfoileate clogged pores allowing the BP to get deeper in the pores and kill the acne? right?

No, The salicylic acid together with BP may irritate the skin which can result in more acne.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#salicylicacid

Toners remove the remaining face cleanser that wasn't completely washed off, and removes remaining oil tha the cleanser doesn't get. It also gives back the moisture the cleanser takes away (natural oils?) also it evens out your skin complexion (redness or dark spots)

It does give the skin back it's moisture, but it doesn't stay on for long. It's for transferring from cleanser to moisturizer. Because have you ever tried putting moisturizer on completely dry skin after using a cleanser? It feels funny right? And doesn't completely moistures the skin.

Toner helps skin become less dry for the moisturizer. Yeah, so many benefits from a toner.

Ohh Biore. Fancy stuff. It depends, If your face seem to not be able to take that much SA, the overdrying or harsh on the skin. Then you shouldn't use it. If your current face wash is pretty strong. Then it's not a good idea. But if you have really oily face and blackhead prone skin. Then I guess it would be okay. But notice how it says "Feel the tingle as it refreshes..." Did you check the "Mistakes people make" thread, face stuff that is supposed to give you a tingly feeling has chemicals in them to make your skin feel tingly. It's not always good for the skin.

:) I hope I helped.

That was pretty damm informative. Too bad toners dont work for me, but that was very insightful

hmm my derm sold me a 2.0% salicylic acid Toner and gave me a few samples of Benzaclin should I use them together? I'm gonna be doing Photodynamic light therapy with Levulan in about a week,he said the salicylic acid is important before the levulan treatment. so should I just use a cleanser and the SA toner without benzaclin/BP gel untill my treatment?

hmm my derm sold me a 2.0% salicylic acid Toner and gave me a few samples of Benzaclin should I use them together? I'm gonna be doing Photodynamic light therapy with Levulan in about a week,he said the salicylic acid is important before the levulan treatment. so should I just use a cleanser and the SA toner without benzaclin/BP gel untill my treatment?

Go ahead and start with the SA. Give it about a few weeks for your skin to adjust to it, then gradually add the Benzaclin(variant of BP) to your regimen to see how your skin reacts. Most people cannot withstand using both SA and BP together.

It also gives back the moisture the cleanser takes away (natural oils?) also it evens out your skin complexion (redness or dark spots)

It does give the skin back it's moisture, but it doesn't stay on for long.

Are you sure about the moisturizing effects?

I thought the purpose of toner was to dissolve oil. It's mostly alcohol, which makes me believe that it's likely to dry out your skin.