Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dani_xc

Amnesteem Regime

It's final!After about 7 years of dinking around with topical treatments and antibiotics, my dermatologist decided I needed to go on Isotretinoin. Unfortunately, since I am a female, I have a lot more to deal with then a guy who is on this medicine. I need to be on "the pill" and go through the iPledge program and all of that throughout the duration of this treatment which is a real pain in the butt, but oh well. I just hope all of this is gonna be worth it. So I have had 2 negative pregnancy tests and passed that lameo iPledge test and now have officially begun the "Isotretinoin Adventure" :D . What can I say? Im excited!!! I've been dreaming of clear skin since I have been in 5th Grade and am about to go into my senior year of high school. :ninja: All I can say is that I am so ready for clear skin. Over the last two years it has gotten really serious and left many scars even though I don't pick at my acne. I just took my first "Amnesteem" tablet about an hour ago. "August 28th, 2006 at about 7pm." I was really pissed when I saw the generic version of Accutane my mom brought home (Amnesteem), but I have read good things about it and hopefully it works just as well. I really like my dermatologist so I trust her.

I will put some pictures of my current skin up and hopfully it will get better and better each time. I'm really dreading the "initial breakout". I really don't want any more scars.

CURRENT REGIME

All I do right now is wash my face again with the Cetaphil moisturizing cleanser

Once in the Morning

Once at night

I was using DUAC or whatever its called (the clymindasdasf or whatever and benzoil mixed) But Im gonna stop while Im ahead.

Also, today at the dermatologist I got some of that steriod stuff injected in some of my cysts to make them flatten out. (5 or 6 of the bigger ones) Man does that hurt on the new big ones. But it helped the last time I did it so hopefully it works this time as well.

Yah but here are some pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

By the way I am 5'7" and weigh about 115lbs so my dermatologist started me out on about 40mg.

Is that too much or too little or what?