Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BuddhistPunkDrifter

Exicisions on boxcar type scarring

I'm about to go to the trenches in a couple of weeks, and fight yet again another round of scar revision, seems like this fucking battle never ends. Somehow the scars always come out on top. I'm sure many of u can relate. I'm planning on having all (18) of my boxcars excised, for this is truly my last option. My surgeon says that my scars are good candidates for excision, but this is why i'm reaching out. I rather trust u guys then my surgeon, afterall we've all been promised BS after BS and there is no other truth out there, like the truth that is ACNE.ORG. Please Ylem and anyone else out there who's had excision on their boxscars please respond, for i'm running out of time.

18 all at once? Aren't you afraid the stitches will pull against each other with so many done? The surgeon who examined me won't even do more then 4 since they were so close to each other. Risky!

In 3/05 I had a 8mm, deep boxcar excised. I was hoping for a level linear scar afterwards, but unfortunately, it too was indented. I have about a 1 inch linear scar. I have to tell you though that the linear scar has a much greater appearance, than the "crater". I had a CO2 spot laser 10 months following the excision 1/06 -which helped soften the scar even more. It has been GRADUALLY improving. I've been using topicals-Retin A Exfol and CP serum and Super Cop 2x, & TCA, also. I'd be reluctant to have 18 done all at once. Maybe I'd do it in 3 sessions of 6, or so. Pick the 6 that bother you the most first. Doing it in 3 phases, would lengthen the downtime--which I know is a difficult thing. There's no way to tell how you will respond. Everyone heals differently. I am willing to email you my before/after pics if you give me you email. Good luck!

In 3/05 I had a 8mm, deep boxcar excised. I was hoping for a level linear scar afterwards, but unfortunately, it too was indented. I have about a 1 inch linear scar. I have to tell you though that the linear scar has a much greater appearance, than the "crater". I had a CO2 spot laser 10 months following the excision 1/06 -which helped soften the scar even more. It has been GRADUALLY improving. I've been using topicals-Retin A Exfol and CP serum and Super Cop 2x, & TCA, also. I'd be reluctant to have 18 done all at once. Maybe I'd do it in 3 sessions of 6, or so. Pick the 6 that bother you the most first. Doing it in 3 phases, would lengthen the downtime--which I know is a difficult thing. There's no way to tell how you will respond. Everyone heals differently. I am willing to email you my before/after pics if you give me you email. Good luck!

do you think needling would help with the indented excision?

Yes, in fact, I have done some self needling to this linear scar and it has helped improve the contour. I've done some TCA (25%) CROSS to the scar as well. I've kinda taken a break with the self treatments-will become more agressive again this fall. I still do conservative things like the super cop 2x and SA. Self needling is one of my favorites-another words, I firmly believe it does yield improvement. But like everyting else --it requires time and a great deal of patience...