Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Most people have Fraxel done for deep scarring, but what I want to know, is if it works for hyperpigmentation and redmarks from past acne. Thanks.

Most people have Fraxel done for deep scarring, but what I want to know, is if it works for hyperpigmentation and redmarks from past acne. Thanks.

Hun if all u have is hyperpigmentation and redmarks u should not get Fraxel u should use topicals they r far less inexpensive.

Hun if all u have is hyperpigmentation and redmarks u should not get Fraxel u should use topicals they r far less inexpensive.

they are also far less effective in my experience. cancer is also a risk with hydroquinone. id rather pay my $4 grand and be done in 2 months than use any more topicals.

they are also far less effective in my experience. cancer is also a risk with hydroquinone. id rather pay my $4 grand and be done in 2 months than use any more topicals.

I've never heard that about hydroquinone? R u talking about skin cancer? Sorry I know nothing about this is it b/c people don't use sunscreen when they use hydroquinone. I use it and get fast great results. Fraxel works for sunspots,agespots,and melasma so I'd think but couldn't tell u foresure that it would b effective for ur prob.

Cancer is a risk??????? U are nutty. Hydroquinone lightly bleaches the redness and fades it out. In doing so it lightens the skin up.

THis is NECESSARY to get rid of the red mark without waiting months for it to fade on its own. The lightening of the skin causes u to lose melanin in the skin.

Pale people have less melanin than dark people and so they burn easier and can obviouosly get skin cancer easier. Hydroquinone does this on a very small scale, and only temporarily. U will burn easier when using it but if u are dumb enough to keep going out in the sun and buring until u get skin cancer then u probably deserved it.

Cancer is a risk??????? U are nutty. Hydroquinone lightly bleaches the redness and fades it out. In doing so it lightens the skin up.

THis is NECESSARY to get rid of the red mark without waiting months for it to fade on its own. The lightening of the skin causes u to lose melanin in the skin.

Pale people have less melanin than dark people and so they burn easier and can obviouosly get skin cancer easier. Hydroquinone does this on a very small scale, and only temporarily. U will burn easier when using it but if u are dumb enough to keep going out in the sun and buring until u get skin cancer then u probably deserved it.

Hydroquinone has long been know to be cancer causing, it is linked to things like liver damage, etc. you can read it in the following link:

http://www.ofspirit.com/judivance1.htm

There are other links out there too. If you are pregnant it is especially important not to use it just like you shouldn't use any potent vitamin A product.