Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blaker

TONS of VERY small bumps all over lower portion of face

I've just started to notice these the past month or so, but I am not sure if I have had them before. First a background of me, I am a male and have had acne since I was 15, I am now 19 almost 20. My acne has always been cystic acne and was really bad between 15-17, but not bad enough of Accutane. My dermatologist has put me on all sorts of oral medications which have worked for the cystic stuff, although I still get one every once in a while and when I do it just stays red forever.

Now, here is what my post is about. I am noticing these VERY small bumps all over my face, they are not whiteheads and they are not blackheads, they are simply little bumps about the size of a pin head. If I squeeze one then it releases the same material as a blackhead would, however there is no color to these bumps. In some cases I will get a larger bump that is noticeable more easily, yet it still does not have any color to it. The bumps are hard to see during the day unless the sun is shining at the right angle on my face, or at night and a light like the TV is shining at the right angle on my face.

They are very bothersome and there appears to be a lot. My dermatologist from what I can gather has not noticed these and my last appointment was before I noticed them. It takes 2 months to get into my dermatologist, so I had my doctor refer me to another dermatologist, but I have not made my appointment yet.

Hopefully someone can help me figure out what these bumps are.

Do they itch at all. I'm dealing with a similar problem called folliculitis which is a bacterial infection of the hair follicles. I have it on my neckline, part of my chest and my back. It can be brought on by sweat, hot tubs, and stress aggrivates it from what my Dr. told me. It's treated just like acne would be treated. I'm not saying it's what you have, but it kind of sounds similar to what mine look like and what comes out of them. I'm on my 10th day of Tazorac, Cleocin T, and ERY-TAB. It's actually the only thing that has helped and I'm on my 5th dermatologist in the past 3 months. Good Luck biggrin.gif

Thanks! That sounds like something I may have because they do appear to be where my hair follicles are. Hopefully when I get into my next dermatologist he can find out what it is. BTW, do you notice an increase of the bumps after you have shaved? Mine seem to increase then and or become a little larger, especially around my lower lip area.

I'm not a guy so I dont shave my face, but the bumps that I have get redder and nastier looking after bathing it also used to itch a lot after I got out. It's like it intensifies it or something. Because yours is right where your visual hair follicles are, I would have to say this is what you probably have, you can do a search on it and get some more deatils and some more symptoms of it, I'm just telling you what I have experienced. I wasn't too convinced at first in my case since girls have no visual hair anywhere. It's really hard to believe we're all covered head to toe in hair biggrin.gif But after posting on theknot.com of all places I realized that tons of people have this, to be honest, I have never heard tell of it. I will say, if your Doc tries to give you brevoxyl creamy wash and a 5 day supply of OMNICEF, it won't take it away. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks! I took a look at some pictures, but mine does not look like them, unless I just did not find an example of someone with what I have. Most of what I found had a reddish/discoloration to the bumps than the rest of the skin, my bumps are the color of my skin and they are really small, like the size of a sort of enlarged pore (needle size).