Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Heat Intolerance / Sweating

MemberMember
(@craigy)

Posted : 08/28/2006 3:34 pm

One of the big reasons I switched from B5 megadosing to Accutane was B5 was giving me terrible sweats and I'm finding a similar thing with Accutane. I always feel warm even when it's cool, I can't handle heat over 20 degress celcius without it being uncomfortable, and even mild exertion such as walking results in lots of sweat and a feeling of being hot.

Has anyone else experienced this while on Accutane?

Thanks

Craig

MemberMember
(@craigy)

Posted : 09/02/2006 2:17 pm

This still hasn't disappeared. I used to get it with B5 too so I was hoping I wouldn't have the same problem on Accutane but it seems I have!

MemberMember
(@beana)

Posted : 09/02/2006 2:27 pm

Hmm, no. I haven't noticed this happening to me.

MemberMember
(@k-fed)

Posted : 09/02/2006 2:28 pm

nope nothing like that on accutane yet.

if its getting too serious than talk to your derm.

MemberMember
(@strawberries)

Posted : 09/02/2006 3:02 pm

It sounds like you have too much internal heat. There are many different ways of helping this. There are different cooling foods to eat, herbs, ect.

Google it.

I would also try Eastern Medicine.

MemberMember
(@wadsthepointofliving)

Posted : 09/02/2006 8:44 pm

this happened to me since i started accutane, i think accutane increases the heatiness in your body, making u breakout in sweat more.i could hardly fall asleep everynite without the aircon on.After starting TCM a few days ago, i dont even use the fan anymore and i hardly broke into sweat while doing my cardio workout.

MemberMember
(@craigy)

Posted : 09/03/2006 10:38 am

A mixture of responses there. I'm still suffering with the sweating quite badly at the moment. The two triggers seem to be environmental temperature and any kind of exertion. When I get the two combined it get's really bad!

Something as simple as walking around in temperatures of 15 degrees celcius seems to make me feel awfully hot and trigger a sweating response as soon as I stop. Likewise even if I'm not exerting myself 20 degrees and over feels hot and I once it hits 23 degrees celcius I start sweating.

Has anyone else noticed this problem too?

Cheers

Craig

MemberMember
(@testosterone)

Posted : 09/03/2006 10:40 am

I've always hated heat.

MemberMember
(@sixfeetunder)

Posted : 09/03/2006 1:18 pm

I don't really start sweating from it, but i have been getting hot flushes quite a lot which i put down to the accutane as i never had them before. Sometimes i just sort of feel really hot under my skin even when it's not that hot outside, wweird

MemberMember
(@anthonyc)

Posted : 09/03/2006 1:25 pm

this happened to me..i would sweat on my chin upper lip and side of nose....the good news is since off accutane it has stopped...so it may stop once you get off accutane..or else get a mild anti persiprant..

MemberMember
(@mima)

Posted : 09/03/2006 11:04 pm

I hear you...I sweat 100% more at the gym, and even when I'm sitting still. It's worse for me, I'm a girl! Girls aren't supposed to sweat :) I also live in Australia, and we're heading into spring...and the warming weather is making it all a bit difficult. Can't wait to get off this stuff!

Just for the record, I drink peppermint tea and it has mild cooling effects. It's way better than nothing!

MemberMember
(@beentheredonethat)

Posted : 09/05/2006 8:52 am

Yes, that happened to me too, both courses. Seemed to go back to normal a month or two after the course was over.

MemberMember
(@adam28)

Posted : 09/05/2006 3:18 pm

Are u breaking out becaus eof the constant sweat? Im the same, im pissing with sweat all day long!!! Does sweat cause breakouts?????

MemberMember
(@craigy)

Posted : 09/22/2006 1:16 am

I came off B5 and my intolerance to heat and sweating got better, although not 100% as I always felt a lot warmer than the people around me. Unfortunately my oily skin started coming back so I've had to go back on Accutane again.

I find that Accutane doesn't actually cause me to feel hot and sweat a lot in the first place, but it kind of takes an existing problem I've already got and makes it worse so I'm not sure what to do.

Having this problem is almost as bad as having Acne it's that bad. Instead of my skin breaking out I've got sweat pouring from every part of my body, especially my forehead where it's more noticeable!

Cheers

Craig

MemberMember
(@mac)

Posted : 09/22/2006 10:42 am

yea its happenign to em too...I hope it goes away

MemberMember
(@craigy)

Posted : 09/24/2006 4:26 pm

I'm still at a loss as to how Accutane can cause heat intolerance and sweating in certain individuals. It's kind of a relief to know that other people are experiencing a similar issue, although at the same time frustrating to not know or understand the cause of it.

It's really effecting me. Temperatures that I'd normally feel comfortable at are making me feel very warm. Simple exertion such as walking makes me feel hot. The increase in feeling warm tends to bring on a nasty case of sweating too!

Cheers

Craug

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/24/2006 4:32 pm

I sweat like a pig now while everyone else seems to be fine around me. I hate it. I used to only sweat on my forehead and nose, but now my entire face sweats. Even though it's been a little cooler lately I'm still sweating. I hope this ends after my course is over.

MemberMember
(@dollyapples)

Posted : 09/24/2006 6:03 pm

Yes, I've had that happen to me. I'm normally a person that gets cold quite often but since being on Accutane, I'll sweat easily during the night, when I'm sleeping. I'll have to ckick the covers off me and sometimes I'll wake up in a sweat. It hasn't been too bad lately.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 12:55 am

Yes, I've had that happen to me. I'm normally a person that gets cold quite often but since being on Accutane, I'll sweat easily during the night, when I'm sleeping. I'll have to ckick the covers off me and sometimes I'll wake up in a sweat. It hasn't been too bad lately.

I didn't even think about that. I've been waking up sweating for months but I never thought that accutane might have something to do with it. I just thought my blanket was too heavy even though I've never had a problem with it before.

MemberMember
(@aebernero23)

Posted : 09/25/2006 1:59 pm

Yep -- Me too. I'm so glad to see this post. This weekend I was out with some friends bowling and I was over heating. I kept asking my friends if they thought it was hot and they didn't. I don't like hot temperatures as it is. I've noticed it happening more and more. I was just sitting at home last night I thought I was going to suffocate if I didn't get my sweatshirt off.

MemberMember
(@agoraphobia)

Posted : 09/26/2006 9:32 pm

the only side effects i have are dry lips and the occasional minor headache

MemberMember
(@heather-f)

Posted : 10/01/2006 8:35 pm

Oh my God I am so happy that I'm not the only person experiencing this! I was kind of freaking out. I have never in my life been a "sweaty" person, in fact I can always work out without even breaking one. But lately it's weird, I feel hot all the time. My roommate asked me last week why I was sweating so much [while we were moving].

MemberMember
(@clearskinismine)

Posted : 10/02/2006 12:05 am

i too am not swewaty at all but since ive been on accutane i def sweat more whe i work out and I find that no matter how much antiperspirant i put, no matter how many brands i go through, they just dont work! They cant handle the sweat........

Maybe we all ahve hyperhydrosis now?

gagan

MemberMember
(@walkthewire)

Posted : 10/02/2006 1:37 am

I sweat a lot too. However, I've been sweating a lot before Accutane; I'm not sure why, though. That's why I prefer 50 and 60 degree temperatures.

MemberMember
(@ducati848)

Posted : 10/02/2006 1:34 pm

crap i sweat enough as it is