Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bradlee

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion Users...

Okay, I've been using this stuff, for around 3-4 months probably? I dont know.

I tried using the recommended 2 Pumps but it left me too Greasy, so I use only 1 pump now, but I still get flakes sometimes, and the red marks are fading a little TOO SLOW.

So, just wondering how much everyone else uses, or mixes, etc.

:]

Current Regimen is:

CSR Cleanser

CSR Gel

NHSFL 1 Pump

1xMorning

1xNight

i was using neutrogena healthy skin. i would use two pumps but when summer came i found that one pump did the trick. i recently changed to cetaphil moisturizing lotion tho because it was a much better value and although nhsl was doing the trick moisturizing, i did not find any significant improvement in my red marks.

Okay, I've been using this stuff, for around 3-4 months probably? I dont know.

I tried using the recommended 2 Pumps but it left me too Greasy, so I use only 1 pump now, but I still get flakes sometimes, and the red marks are fading a little TOO SLOW.

So, just wondering how much everyone else uses, or mixes, etc.

Current Regimen is:

CSR Cleanser

CSR Gel

NHSFL 1 Pump

1xMorning

1xNight

I've been reading alot of good things about moisturizers with AHA in reference to getting rid of red marks. I just starting using the Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer which supposedly helps reduce redness, so I'll wait a few weeks to see how this works then if it doesnt Im gonna give AHA a try.

AHA has worked great for me, has done a whole lot in evening the tone of my skin. I use two pumps for each side of my face, and then a half pump for my forehead.

AHA has worked great for me, has done a whole lot in evening the tone of my skin. I use two pumps for each side of my face, and then a half pump for my forehead.

Wow, that's a lot!

That doesn't bother your skin at all?

And you don't appear greasy?

I use only two pumps at night and have been for a month and a half. My skin tone is pretty much even now.

Exact same as him, and it's been working very well. Sometiems I get a couple flakes on my chin but w/e, nothing too bad. 1 pump is not nearly enough, at least for me, and in my opinion not enough for anyone.

Cheers,

I like the idea of using an AHA moisturizer, even though I've never really had any problems with red marks.

I use two pumps of NHSFL at night. Even though it's a little greasy looking, I don't care because I'm not looking at my face when I'm asleep. :)

Cam >B)

If I use more than 2 pumps of NHSFL a day, it ends up drying my skin out terribly. I usually use half a pump of NHSFL and half a pump of Eucerin in the morning, and the Cetaphil at night.

You don't find the Neutrogena helps clear up red marks? It reduces the multiple week process to a multiple day process for me.

Ever since eucerin stopped making its moisterizer, I tried Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and both worked for a couple of days but ended up leaving my face flaky. Thats the main thing i DONT WANT :evil: so then I tried neutrogena and it also worked for the first day, then it now leaves my face RED and feeling tight. If I open my mouth my mouth and cheeks get flaky. But less flaky than before. It really stings. I do use more than 2 pumps. That just doesnt seem like enough. I use one pump on my forehead and nose, and 2 pumps for both my cheeks and chins. But I add more where it still looks flaky.

I DONT KNOW WHICH MOISTERIZER IF PERFECT FOR ME!!!! :wall:

estiger, let me tell you from experience: the more NHSFL you use, the more it'll dry you out. That stuff is harsh, and if you have sensitive skin, beware.

Try using only the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion for a few days, as that's the most moisturizing of them all and should help your skin get back to normal. After your skin stops feeling dry, try mixing in 1/2 a pump or a full pump of NHSFL with the Cetaphil in the mornings only. For me, this is enough to keep the flaking completely at bay without having to experience the harsh drying effects of NHSFL. You may have to tweak the amounts a bit to fit your needs, though.

My skin tone is also definitely even, it worked for my redmarks and has rid my face of the overall red complexion. I don't see how you guys can only do 1 pump tho, I do one full pump on each side of my face, half a pump on my forehead and half a pump each on each side of my neck.. no problems so far. If you have brown/purple/darker pigmentation, it won't do anything.

Ahh.. sorry for the really late.. replies. I was out of town all day doing more back to school shopping, haha.

I find that if I do apply more than 1 - 1 1/2 pumps.. the next application can be extremely painful and like.. burning and blah.. so yeah, I must have sensitive skin.. I never knew that ^.^

But.. maybe it's because I don't apply the full finger length of BP [i use like a skinny line of BP that's full finger length]

I just can't fit a fat line of BP on my entire face!

As far as red marks go.. I dont know.. its like the greasyness of NHSFL covers up them.. not get rid of them,.. here let me take a picture.. brb.

Well, they didn't turn out.. so I'm not even gonna bother.

Basically, I had some mild scarring on my forehead, with redmarks.. took care of redmarks.. but I dont know if the scarring is evening out [Hopefully]?

And, I don't really get this anymore.. but I used to get a few pimples in the area above my upper lip and below my nose. I had one.. like a month ago, and the redmark is still there. There's also a few other smaller ones too.

I think from like drinking, brushing teeeth, etc. That NHSFL may be washing off, because of those and not giving me results in the lip area?

IDK.. or its just a tricky spot.

Let me know your input... I've been typing this like.. in chunks [busy at home], so if something seems like.. missing, let me know ? :]

I'm 14 years old, by the way. I'll be 15 in December.

Thank You all for the responses.

About the drinking/brushing teeth. Would it be possible for you to apply the NHSFL after brushing your teeth instead of before? And for drinking, straws are your best friend :)

I know how much that area sucks, the one below your nose and above your lip, the "mustache" area. Pimples there always seem to attract more attention. One thing I found that helped was to start shaving regularly. I use Aveeno therapeutic shave gel which pretty much stops any irritation when accompanied with the Gilette Sensor Excel. Shaving every day (even if you don't really need it) is a pretty good method of exfoliation, and you'll find all your products work much better on a hairless surface. I dunno, just a thought.

Guest blackheadben

I like the idea of using an AHA moisturizer, even though I've never really had any problems with red marks.

I use two pumps of NHSFL at night. Even though it's a little greasy looking, I don't care because I'm not looking at my face when I'm asleep. :)

Cam >B)

I use the night version too, and yeah, it is really greasy, but, who is going to see us while we sleep?

Ever since eucerin stopped making its moisterizer, I tried Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and both worked for a couple of days but ended up leaving my face flaky. Thats the main thing i DONT WANT :evil: so then I tried neutrogena and it also worked for the first day, then it now leaves my face RED and feeling tight. If I open my mouth my mouth and cheeks get flaky. But less flaky than before. It really stings. I do use more than 2 pumps. That just doesnt seem like enough. I use one pump on my forehead and nose, and 2 pumps for both my cheeks and chins. But I add more where it still looks flaky.

You should consider alternating them. Use NHSFL during the day, and Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion at night.

or mix them as Superfly suggested. Find a happy medium for your skin.

You should consider alternating them. Use NHSFL during the day, and Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion at night.

or mix them as Superfly suggested. Find a happy medium for your skin.

Mixing works WELL!!! I tried just using the Aveeno Calming lotion but it didnt moisturize too well, but it does help with reducing redness(due to the ingredient FeverFew), so I mix it with my former moisturizer Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion(white bottle) which is a great moisturizer for sensitive skin. My skin is starting to look and feel much healthier.