Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was a bit fed up today and decided to use this negative feeling constructively :think: . I had a breakout :wall: , and I usually drive myself insane wondering what had caused it but instead Im gonna carry out a 3 day experiment.

Whereby I eat only fruit and vegetables for that time. Also only drinking water, pomegranete juice and green tea.

Im already vegan so I eat crate loads of veg anyway, but I just wanted to see once and for all whether it was foods like bread, rice, cornflakes, biscuits, that had a real impact on my skin.

Or whether it was all coincidental that my ginger biscuit and rice lovin extravaganza was at the same time as my breakout . Those biscuits are so damn tasty tho, u can never just have one :shifty:

Right so today was day one and I have eaten:

*one apple :wub:

*4 mushrooms :dance:

*some cucumber :cool:

*2 strawberries ;)

*some spinach :sick:

*a banana :shhh:

*some carrot :pray:

*some lettuce :hand:

*a bowl of lentil soup :drool:

*some sweetcorn :whistle:

and 10 cups of green tea, one glass of pomegranete juice, and a litre of water

skin status: redness has lessened since this morning, pores seem less inflamed, skin tone has evened out slightly.

Shall update with day to tomorrow, unless I have turned into a carrot overnight :shock:

If it turns out that non fruits/veggies break you out... are you really going to eat only produce for the rest of your life? I hope this is just to make yourself more aware of triggers and not a crazy diet change. Even three days seems intense to me, but I am not well-educated about veganism or fasting so it's a completely unqualified statement. Good luck with your experiment, and I hope you can still eat a variety of yummy foods.

I'll join you but I'm adding in beans/legumes.. so far today I've eaten fruit, salad greens, broccoli and about to have some hummus / celery... plan to eat lentils for dinner. Dia uno!

wow that's great. i love fruit and veggies. except i have to eat meat from time to time as my mum cooks in the house. i only eat fish and chicken though. but i'll probably become a vegetarian sometime :D

i don't know if in 3 days you'll see any effects but you never know.

hope this thing will work for you. keep us posted.

^ ^ ^ Nothing wrong with occassional fish and poultry as apart of a well balanced diet :)

^ ^ ^ Nothing wrong with occassional fish and poultry as apart of a well balanced diet :)

:D that's good news. though i don't know if my diet is balanced :confused:

If it turns out that non fruits/veggies break you out... are you really going to eat only produce for the rest of your life? I hope this is just to make yourself more aware of triggers and not a crazy diet change. Even three days seems intense to me, but I am not well-educated about veganism or fasting so it's a completely unqualified statement. Good luck with your experiment, and I hope you can still eat a variety of yummy foods.

yeah it totally is mate, like to find out if removing these foods effects breakouts, id have to think long and hard if i was gonna do this forever, like i doubt it wud be good for health longterm. Id be on loads of suppliments. Thanx for the good luck matey :D

Im goin be tryin out some wacky new fruit and vegetables(yes vegetables can be wacky).

Tomorrow we explore the mysterious world of the avacado :shhh:

I'll join you but I'm adding in beans/legumes.. so far today I've eaten fruit, salad greens, broccoli and about to have some hummus / celery... plan to eat lentils for dinner. Dia uno!

sweet :cool: you've gotta love the beans mate, id die without them I think.

Hummus is lovely aswell :wub:

wow that's great. i love fruit and veggies. except i have to eat meat from time to time as my mum cooks in the house. i only eat fish and chicken though. but i'll probably become a vegetarian sometime :D

i don't know if in 3 days you'll see any effects but you never know.

hope this thing will work for you. keep us posted.

aye I was thinking like would three days be enough time to see properly :think: so I may stretch it out, depending on days two and three. And whether I can stay strong and resist the ginger biscuits that are calling out to me :shifty:

aye I was thinking like would three days be enough time to see properly :think: so I may stretch it out, depending on days two and three. And whether I can stay strong and resist the ginger biscuits that are calling out to me :shifty:

haha yeah those biscuits do sound tempting. hang on in there ;)

Im goin be tryin out some wacky new fruit and vegetables(yes vegetables can be wacky).

Tomorrow we explore the mysterious world of the avacado :shhh:

Since when is avocado wacky? :P I ate them even when I lived in Switzerland! (To be fair, that could be because my father is from South America and it's more common there than in Europe).

I highly recommend guacamole or sticking slices on sandwiches if you ever get back to the bread thing. My mother mixes it with pineapple juice as a dressing for fruit salads. My all time favorite is eating it straight, but you usually have to salt it first. It's a shame that avocado is so high in fat, but it has lovely phytonutrients and at least the fat is monounsaturated.

The monounsaturated fat in avocado is not unhealthy in any way, and is a good energy source as a fat and the fact that it's so easy to digest. Fat free diets are dangerously unhealthy! Fat free also equals vitamin A, D, E and K free.

The monounsaturated fat in avocado is not unhealthy in any way, and is a good energy source as a fat and the fact that it's so easy to digest. Fat free diets are dangerously unhealthy! Fat free also equals vitamin A, D, E and K free.

Yes, but if you let your little brother eat two entire avocados himself, he will spend the rest of the day vomiting and you will most definitely not be paid for babysitting. :( Maybe it'll be funnier in a few years.

nice advice guys thanx. I asked my mum to like buy me some avacados, but i think i got them confused with that other green vegetable :doh: should be fun to try though. Im lovin kiwi at the moment aswell, that bad boy is on my list tomorrow aswell :dance:

Beans/legumes are definitely a great vegetable protein and fiber source and have a good amount of minerals and some B-vitamins as well. I haven't heard of anyone on here yet that breaks out from any bean or legume which leads me to believe they're a pretty acne-safe, hypoallergenic food...

Anyways I'm "breaking" this veg fast on day two because I searched through my kitchen and there's no more fruits to eat for breakfast so I'm havin eggs haha :) Anyways nothing wrong with a bit of eggs, get all your vitamins except C that way and plenty of high quality protein. I have yet to find a vegan or someone else that can really discredit why eggs aren't good for you. All I've heard is the outdated claims that "eggs have too much cholesterol" (food cholesterol has little effect on blood cholesterol as the two are waaay different), "eggs have too much fat" (if you're a ovo-vegetarian and eggs are your sole source of animal fat, it's really not going to make a difference because small amounts of saturated fats are perfectly normal and healthy), and "eggs form the thickest form of mucous out of all animal products" (which is 1) a bit speculative, theoretical and unprovable and 2) there's vegetal-based foods that are mucous forming too, is mucous really the enemy or just the excesses you get from things like smoking and dairy?).

^ ^ ^ Legumes never make me fart, probably because I soak them properly (overnight or 8+ hours) and sometimes sprout them as well.

hey guys, rite day two update.

Today I have eaten:

*an apple,

*4 strawberries,

*some beans,

*some peas,

*some spinach,

*some lettuce,

*some cucumber,

*an avacado(wtf, its a fruit that tastes like egg, sweet mother of pearl ):sick:

*a banana,

*some chick peas

about 15 cups(yes 15)of green tea, and a litre of water, glass of pomegranete juice.

Skin status:Its actually healing :shhh: ....like where there were spots forming a day ago, its drying out. Even on my worst areas(cheeks). And I have no feeling of like increased lethargy at all, I thought I would feel like wiped out. But I feel like refreshed almost in a strange way :dance: , even though I was busy scouring walls to be painted all day. Redness is also decreasing. Skin tone evening out.

What I'm using on my skin:clinique anti blemish soap, pore minimisers, and bio oil for red marks.

An also on month 7 of the dianette pill.

I think I might stretch this out to 5 days if I have even more pleasing results tomorrow. :pray:

Awww rubber sheep mate. Dont worry bout it, I dont want you to starve over this !!!And at least its eggs, not a plate of chips or something you know. ;)

Lets keep the clear skin dream alive guys, roll on day three :box:

erniemccrazyface, that's awesome keep us updated... did you loose any weight btw?

christ I dunno mate :confused: I possible should have checked before hand.

I weigh roughly 7 and a half stone so at the end of the 3 days I shall see.

I didn't notice any weightloss when I went vegetarian, but when I stopped all dairy products, I did notice I lost several pounds after several weeks. It really made a difference in weight -- I lost the extra pounds I wanted to lose and my weight is now contact and not fluxtuating. I eat lots of alvacados and other naturally fatty foods, so I am not underweight. What is wonderful about this diet is that I can eat as much as I like and I never gain :):):) Plus I feel alot healthier than I was when I wasnt vegeterian/vegan. I think that might be because my body isnt having to digest heavier foods all day -- just leaves, alvacados, occasional bread, legums and other veggies.

Its actually sad - some of the other vegetarians I have met on campus look VERY unhealthy :P But, they have nothing to eat on campus except cheese pizza, a salad once a week, an occasional soup, and I think that's it. The college only provides the students with fast food at the Cafeteria at lunch time. We have Pizza Hut, Burger King and Taco bell Some colleges even have McDonald's! I feel sorry for the other vegetarians because there are so few choices. I do all my cooking on Sunday so I have enough food all week so that I can come home and eat healthy. But that just shows how UNHEALHY the non-vegetarians are as well -- eating every day at McDonalds, Taco Bell, Big Boy, Burger King, Pizza Hut.

Everyone who eats at the cafeteria is going to be unhealthy! And today, CNN wrote an article entitled, "American's Waistline's Continue To Grow." :P Not surprising.

I didn't notice any weightloss when I went vegetarian, but when I stopped all dairy products, I did notice I lost several pounds after several weeks. It really made a difference in weight -- I lost the extra pounds I wanted to lose and my weight is now contact and not fluxtuating. I eat lots of alvacados and other naturally fatty foods, so I am not underweight. What is wonderful about this diet is that I can eat as much as I like and I never gain :) :) :) Plus I feel alot healthier than I was when I wasnt vegeterian/vegan. I think that might be because my body isnt having to digest heavier foods all day -- just leaves, alvacados, occasional bread, legums and other veggies.

Its actually sad - some of the other vegetarians I have met on campus look VERY unhealthy :P But, they have nothing to eat on campus except cheese pizza, a salad once a week, an occasional soup, and I think that's it. The college only provides the students with fast food at the Cafeteria at lunch time. We have Pizza Hut, Burger King and Taco bell Some colleges even have McDonald's! I feel sorry for the other vegetarians because there are so few choices. I do all my cooking on Sunday so I have enough food all week so that I can come home and eat healthy. But that just shows how UNHEALHY the non-vegetarians are as well -- eating every day at McDonalds, Taco Bell, Big Boy, Burger King, Pizza Hut.

Everyone who eats at the cafeteria is going to be unhealthy! And today, CNN wrote an article entitled, "American's Waistline's Continue To Grow." :P Not surprising.

yeah i hear ya mate. I lost like 2 stone when I became vegan, but my weight has stayed pretty much the same since .

what the heck is a "stone" ??

All I can imagine is that a stone is very heavy... like 15-20 pounds.

Therefore you lost like 30-40 pounds when you became vegan? :P

I hope you don't float away. ;)

hahah aye, a stone is like 10 pounds i believe.

Ok day three:this was a tough cookie to crack guys, I actually looked at my own arm and thought that would be nice to eat. :drool:

Today I ate:

*an apple :wub:

*a banana :dance:

*a kiwi fruit

*4 strawberries :shhh:

*some lettuce

*some peas :think:

*some cucumber

*some baked beans :cool:

*some chick peas :hand:

I had like 10 green teas, 2 pomegranete juices and a litre of water.

Skin status:the spots that had arrived three days ago are like red marks now like flat, everything is just drying up. No newbies either in this time. I did use my other avacado as an overnight face mask last night, perhaps that helped. I felt quite weak today tho, a bit lethargic.

Also, had a few restless nights sleep during this aswell, I wonder if that is to do with this? :shifty:

Im starting to become hungry for more tho, I want to stretch this out to 5 days, but I dont know if I can stay strong. :whistle:

I literally had to leave the kitchen when my dad was eating ginger nut biscuits. :wall:

Im visiting my nan in a day aswell for the weekend, and she prides herself on feeding everyone all the time. So she'll be offering me alsorts of tasty treats.

Must... stay... strong. :shock:

Guest TheDeerHunter

:cool: *passes some chicken and steaks and ham under the table *

haha you should eat some pancakes though

:cool: *passes some chicken and steaks and ham under the table *

haha you should eat some pancakes though

thanx john. I'll save these pancakes for later :D

Im stretching my fruit and veg thing out now, I got to the three day mark last night and I was like, this is it, you could go gorge yourself on everything in the kitchen downstairs and end up lying on the floor surrounded by empty packets of ginger biscuits and ready meals. :sick: :dance: :drool: :hand:

Or...keep going :confused:

So its like 1:00 pm on day 4 and Im feeling good, my skin is looking the best its looked in weeks, seriously, there are like 2 actual spots(3 days ago there were about 8 new ones, proper gruesome beasts aswell)and red marks, but even the red marks look calmer. :shhh:

I dont feel tired today either, rather refreshed and clean, on the outside and in.

I was thinking though, it could be all psychological, I tend to get breakouts when I let stress and worry take over.

So perhaps, because I believe in my mind that Im clearing my body of impurities, that my skin starts to believe it :think: just a thought.

I remember doing a study last year in psychology(conformity)whereby 2 groups of participants were given placebos(one told it would make an electric shock more painful and the other would lessen the effect)

And they found that it did infact increase the pain register in the participants, because they had conformed to the reaction in their minds.

Hmmm.

Maybe I should be eating less cucumber and doing like self hypnosis on myself :shock:

Anyway ramble over :rolleyes: