Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jinpossible

Accutane and dryness in the nose

Hi!

I started my Accutane treatment last Wednesday. On Thursday, my nose felt all stuffy and runny, and when I blew it, yellow and bloody discharge came out. Do you think this is because of Accutane? Has anybody experienced this while on the drug?

Right now it sort of stings inside my nose, way up there. Probably above my soft palate. The phlegm runs down my throat and onto my vocal chords, which makes it difficult for me to sing. My singing voice is practically gone! :(

Let me know. :pray: I'm really frustrated about this, as I sing 7x a week.

P.S. Here's my log.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=112706

Hi!

I started my Accutane treatment last Wednesday. On Thursday, my nose felt all stuffy and runny, and when I blew it, yellow and bloody discharge came out. Do you think this is because of Accutane? Has anybody experienced this while on the drug?

Right now it sort of stings inside my nose, way up there. Probably above my soft palate. The phlegm runs down my throat and onto my vocal chords, which makes it difficult for me to sing. My singing voice is practically gone! :(

Let me know. :pray: I'm really frustrated about this, as I sing 7x a week.

P.S. Here's my log.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=112706

you could try sticking some vaseline up there it may help but what would i know lol

Actually, that is good advice. Or use aquaphor and coat the inside of your nose. I have also heard that nasal spray can be good. The moisturizing kind.

My nose is very dry...but I don't have a mucus build up. The generic saline nose spray is working well for me.

It's probably an infection then. It's a lot better now, but I still get yucky, yellow, and brown stuff when I blow my nose.

I'm gonna try and do some vocal exercises today.

It's probably an infection then. It's a lot better now, but I still get yucky, yellow, and brown stuff when I blow my nose.

I'm gonna try and do some vocal exercises today.

I got that too!

Now nearly three months in, my nose is still dry but no more discharge.

Don't worry.

I've had some bloody boogs, this is normal on accutane. Like somone above said, try some saline nasal moisteriser spray.

i had it to; ran other of a uni theatre, blood trailing me all the way to the loo. I have moucous membraine looking thing come out, i assume it may have been a top layer of lining in the nose. Only happened the once though,and not as bad as it sounds. nose bleeds are such strange things, the middle of your face leaking deep crimson blood...