Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zittaroni

P.Diddy lost his sexy(Proactive)

Maybe old news, but I don't know what to make of this. Proactive say sweets doesn't cause pimples in their face the fact booklet yet they blame it for his outbreak.

P. Diddy filed a $1.5 million lawsuit against Guthy Renker, the makers of Proactiv Solution for failing to leave his skin "with no bumps."

Along with Vanessa Williams, Alicia Keys and Jessica Simpson, P. Diddy became a spokesperson for Proactive Solutions, a skin product that promises to "banish their breakouts and get them on the path to clear, beautiful, star-quality skin." In the infomercial, the rap mogul testifies how he got hip to Proactive Solution after using the product and seeing his pimples disappear.

"I use Proactive," says Diddy in the ad, because it helps "moisturize my situation and preserve my sexy."

However, just months after the ads, Diddy says he started to experience breakouts and decided to file suit, saying the product has discredited him in the hip-hop community.

"I look foolish on an infomercial promoting a product for skin care and my skin still has bumps on it," says P. Diddy in a statement.

Hours later, Guthy Renker filed a countersuit claiming that Diddy has failed to "preserve his sexy" and carefully follow the product instructions. The corporation also cites Diddy's affiliation with Diet Pepsi, for which he is also a spokesperson, as the true source of his acne woes. In the counter-suit, Guthy Renker claims that Diddy's consumption of sugary products such as Diet Pepsi has neutralized the cleansing effects Proactiv Solution provides.

"Even though Diet Pepsi has no calories, fat or carbs, it still contains aspartame, potassium benzoate, phosphoric acid and citric acid which can wreak havoc on skin," said a source at Guthy Renker.

The Pepsi connection is sound, according to Dr. Julian Whitaker, who says that "aspartame has been proven to increase appetite, especially cravings for sweets."

"Proactive promises a risk fee, money-back trial," says Diddy. "After all I've been through, I want my money back and more."

He looks wasted / drugged up in that video so doesn't do much for his credibility. Got absolutely no sympathy for him because he was perfectly happy to push this product on acne sufferers when he was getting paid for it. Unfortunately they wont be getting US$1.5m compensation for their wasted time and effort. Oh - and according to GR its the diet pepsi that's causing acne? Funny how the DONT say in their commercials that the product will only work if you up sugar. Sorry but the pair of them just come off as complete @ssholes. :mad:

Guest Michael Jackson

I hope he brings them down! :evil:

Didn't jessica simpson say she went on accutane before she started promoting proactiv?

Hoax or not, maybe I should sue them. Their crappy product made my skin sooooo bad. How much do you think I could get?

I think all I would get would be laughed out of the courthouse. Isn't it amazing how celebrities can do whatever they want and people accept it as normal behavior? That video was pretty funny. If he was using it for 7 years and still didn't have "cocoa butter skin," he should have given it up 6 years ago. I hope he wins...a spot on the Jerry Springer Show.

If this was true then Proactiv would have made a bad countersuit statement saying 'sugar cause the breakouts'. Thing is, I remember reading in the actual Proactiv booklet that it said "Acne is not caused by the food you eat".

If this was true then Proactiv would have made a bad countersuit statement saying 'sugar cause the breakouts'. Thing is, I remember reading in the actual Proactiv booklet that it said "Acne is not caused by the food you eat".

Don't believe that shit. Acne is caused by the foods you eat, some people are sensitive to foods they eat. Like, when ever I eat chocolate or cake I feel my face tingling. Than I breakout, foods high in fat have already been linked to acne. And proactiv doesn't even work for some damn reason. I tried it, and I swore it made me breakout more. While, when I use neutrogena products it helps lessen acne. And neutrogena products are suppose to be similar or the same thing proactiv uses i thought... But if thats true, than why did proactiv breakme out while neutrogena clears me up. I don't trust proactiv. In my opinion, proactiv may work for some but not all skin types. I don't have tan skin tone, so proactiv was probably thinking hmmm... darker skin tones maybe?

Food breaks some people out and it doesn't effect others in the slightest.

I doesn't effect me at all for instance, but I do know some people that get breakouts when they eat chocolate or drink soda etc.

The bottom line is - it's different for everyone, that's why there is no universal cure for acne.

Whether or not food causes breakouts is not the point. The point is that the makers of Proactiv (assuming this story isn't a hoax) are claiming P. diddy breaks out because he drinks Soda, when in their Face the Facts book they say food does not cause breakouts.