Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Is this low blood pressure?

My blood pressure was good before Accutane - I went back 1 month later and my pressure was higher 145/80.

I got nervous/sweaty while getting my blood pressure done. Thats why it was so low, my doc trusts me to go to the pharmacy and do it myself, I got 129/67 and then a 131/67, so its around there right?

Is that a good blood pressure or is it too low or what?

for your age that is perfect, you were probably a bit anxious when u took it, or u had a lot of fluids in you.

the normal is top number between 100 to 130 bottom bt 60-80....

but everyone is diiferent...a high one is anythign above 160....the bottom number above 100

low bp is top...anythign below 80 and bottom below 50....

your ok just relax....and trust me on this I wokr in the health profeesion

Ok thanks.

But how does my doctor trust me, and I promise you guys, I'm not lying. Those are my real results.

What if she takes my test and they're same as before?

You're fine. I have much lower BP than you and I've never run into any major problems (I run into trouble if I don't stay hydrated) mine usually runs somewhere around mid90s/low60s but if I'm nervous it can jump up quite a bit. Funniest thing is that if you're worried about it being too high you can make it get higher! ;)

Even if your doctor takes your BP again, and it's still in the 145/80 range, it could be any number of things... if you get nervous around medical professionals that can make your reading be higher than it normally would be (adrenaline increases your blood pressure), and doctors are aware of this and take it into account before they say "your blood pressure is too high," which is much more likely now that you have two very normal readings to back it up. Besides, that original reading wasn't really all that bad to begin with. Your blood pressure changes throughout the day, like your heart rate. Doctors don't typically diagnose high blood pressure based on one reading.

Well I want to up my dosage for accutane from 20mg to 40mg but if I have this whitecoat syndrome and get nervous around the docs and I CANNOT help it how will I ever do that? I hope she follows through and believes me.

Well I want to up my dosage for accutane from 20mg to 40mg but if I have this whitecoat syndrome and get nervous around the docs and I CANNOT help it how will I ever do that? I hope she follows through and believes me.

If you're really that nervous about it, tell the nurse or whoever takes your blood pressure that you tend to get nervous and so the reading might be a little high. You can practice breathing slowly and deeply in and out, and try to concentrate on something peaceful. It sounds corny or dorky but it really helps.