Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there,

I am reaching the 8th week of using isotrex which at this moment I am not certain has made a substantial improvement to my skin (I say that because in some ways/places its better, and some, the same...). I have pretty mild acne - whiteheads/blackheads and a few red marks and I am now considering investing in a dermalux acne lamp. I know there have been a number of threads about these lamps but having read a fair bit of them there is still one question I'd like to ask.

Has anybody used an acne lamp whilst still using a vitamin A based topical? I am seeing my dr next week and was thinking of asking her whether I should a) continue with isotrex or b) give retin-a a try. Either way, I wondered about trying to use them at the same time as an acne lamp. According to the dermalux website one can use topicals and the light but if anybody has any experience of that, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Cheers