Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EvaHonestly

Effective Against Blackheads?

Hi all, I've had great success in the last few weeks with CSR and I think one of my sisters could benefit as well. She has moderate acne (it used to be severe, but I think it's calmed down) and now she actually trusts me about skin because I brought down a huge pimple of hers with an aspirin mask. She seemed interested in the CSR, but says she needs a cleanser that exfoliates (e.g. Proactiv) because of blackheads around her nose. Can the gentleness of CSR still eliminate blackheads, or would that need a separate treatment?

Right now the compromise is that she'll try CSR but she's still going to use her sensitive skin St. Ive's or scary exfoliating Proactiv on the blackhead areas. Does anybody have experience with the effect of CSR on blackheads, good or bad? Please let me know how it worked for the rest of your skin as well, so I know how you reacted to CSR in general. Thanks!

I could be totally wrong, but in my experience the regimen did nothing for my black heads. Acne is generally from irritation and bacteria. Black heads are oil and dirt in yr pore that has kinda hardened. You have to use something oil soluable to really get rid of them.

Thanks for the input! I think that when she comes back home we're going to give this a try.

Also, I PMed you about the aspirin mask Anna, let me know if you didn't get it.

Salycilic acid also works well for blackheads; however, not everyone's skin will accept the use of both BP and SA.. or she can even just exfoliate with baking soda on her nose. Baking soda works as an exfoliant, but its gentle. An AHA like Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Facial Lotion might also work since it is also an exfoliant (chemical exfoliant).. it is much more gentle, so it might not be as effective.

So this Apple Cider Vinegar is really working for people?

Better than Mandelic Acid [Plus, Cheaper?]

Where could you buy this stuff, and how to mix it, etc.

Just seeing if its worth the trouble..

schango csr worked really well formy blackheads on my nose. i used to have a lot of blackheads on my nose and now i dont have any. and tell ur sister not to use a srub. they irritate the face.

bradlee-u can get acv at ur local grocey store. its usually in the salad dressing section.

Have her do strict CSR for the first few months, because some people do notice their blackheads clearing up with only CSR.

If after a few months the blackheads haven't budged, then she can consider adding in another element directed at those.

Scroll down to the yellow box and read about blackheads and the CSR:

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Also read here:

http://www.acne.org/typesofacne.html

scroll down to where it says "blackheads"

Have her do strict CSR for the first few months, because some people do notice their blackheads clearing up with only CSR.

If after a few months the blackheads haven't budged, then she can consider adding in another element directed at those.

Scroll down to the yellow box and read about blackheads and the CSR:

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Also read here:

http://www.acne.org/typesofacne.html

scroll down to where it says "blackheads"

yes i used to have tons of blackheads on my nose and the CSR has got rid of them. its a tricky game this CSR it isnt all clear skin and happiness unfortunately but i would recommend it