Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
piscescute

Dans cleanser

i havent tried dan's cleanser yet, but i have read that when changing products a small breakout is common. maybe someone else with personal experience with dan's cleanser will answer your question better

I've been using it for about 2 weeks with no problems. Its very gentle, maybe too gentle for some people's skin?

Hi. The cleanser is the gentlest thing you can use and should not break anyone out. In fact, it should help keep your skin in balance and as clear as possible.

So, let's look for other reasons. Please read http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html and reply to what you've read there. We can start with that.

Well let's not forget that when changing any products, a small breakout is not uncommon, and I'd go as far as to say it's relatively common. Just stick with it, it's a great cleanser f'real.

Ive been reading up on the ingrediants latly, and heres a side affect of one of the ingrediants (Quaternium-15)

It can cause contact dermatitis, a symptom of an allergic reaction, especially in those with sensitive skin, on an infant's skin, or on sensitive areas such as the genitals.

I dont like Dan's cleanser.

Could you please expand on this? BTW, Cetaphil products blow!

The problem with some gentle cleansers is they dont seem to really get makeup off...I just bought this cleanser but it claimed to be able to remove makeup well so Im hoping (Ive used it this morning but not yet at night to remove my makeup so we will see tonight).

I am starting week 4 of CSR and my face is still really red and burning and switching moisturizers has not done the trick.... now I'm wondering if it's the cleanser? Last time on the reg I used Purpose and did not experience this redness/irritation. So since the only other factor besides the bp & moisturizer is the cleanser, I'm not convinced that Dans cleanser isn't to blame. Anyone else found this to be true? I'm going to pick up Purpose tonight and see if the redness subsides any. BTW my skin does not get red until after I apply the moisturizer, so although it seems logical that the moisturizer is the culprit, maybe something in Dan's cleanser is reacting w/something in moisturizers??

i havent tried dan's cleanser yet, but i have read that when changing products a small breakout is common. maybe someone else with personal experience with dan's cleanser will answer your question better

I just don't believe that you'd get a breakout of spots when changing products.