Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there anyone here that uses a cleanser with SA in it, and what do you think of it, do you find SA breaks you out or helps your acne.?

I used to, but it really dried my skin. I think it depends on the brand you use/how much is in it/and what your skin is like.

Yeah i guess, the one i've got though is from loreal and it doesn't say how much SA is in it, it just says made with anti bacterial salicylic acid.

It just says in the ingredients that it has SA, i dont think any, well none that i've used that contain SA, to say what % it contains.

Its not actually drying my skin out all that bad, i'm not sure if this is because i've only just started using it.?

EDIT: Maybe this is the reason why my skin isn't getting all that dry, this has been taken from the products website.

(In dermatological treatments available on prescription only, salicylic acid can be used in high concentrations, in Pure Zone products, its dosage has been carefully measured to ensure it delivers optimal results whilst respecting the skin)

The site will say anything to get your money.

As long as you use a mousterizer, you'll be fine. How long have you been using it?

Well considering most cleansers with SA in it have dried my skin out bad, it could be true, i started using it last night.

I'm using a 6% SA in a lotion form... I like it alot.... I use it 2X a day sometimes, but always at night... The brand is Salex... Anyhow, my derm uses it and recommended it for me b/c it exfoilates deep in your skin. Also, I have them keretonic thingies, so it's really for that. It seems to be helping.. It's been about a week and a half... Anyhow, it keeps my skin just right. Not too dry, not to oily.. I use no other lotions or any soap on my face.. Just water, then the SA... I may try cetaphil when the winter comes back.. But with the humidity, I'm gonna wait and see.

Well i dont know what % of SA is in my cleanser, but i know it doesn't dry my skin out too bad, and it also keeps the oil from my skin, i forgot to wash this morning as i was late, but my skin is still what you would call normal, not alot of oil on my skin or nothing.