Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArtOfWar

Closing large pores...

What's the best way to close large pores once you've got rid of blackheads?

I've got little dents all over my nose and they look horrible. Surely there are way's to close them up?

Try using a a PC formula with 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid from Skin Care Solutions The BHA is oil soluble so it can penetrate the pores and shed those dead skin cells that compose a blackhead. You change change the size of your pores ( that's genetic), but you can make them "look" smaller and less noticable by keeping them clear of cellular debris (dead skin calls, hairs, oil etc...)

I've got little dents all over my nose and they look horrible. Surely there are way's to close them up?

Once a pore has been enlarged, there is no way of reducing it, apart from cutting that area of skin out, over time the edges will become less sharp, so they won't stand out as much.

They're there until you die now.

Once a pore has been enlarged, there is no way of reducing it, apart from cutting that area of skin out, over time the edges will become less sharp, so they won't stand out as much.

They're there until you die now.

Thats not true. If cut it out, it is often a scar. Pores get smaller after acne. Ask anyone who has completed accutane, or simply cured their acne. Since junk isn't constantly flowing out anymore, they can return about to normal. B5 helps pores, do does mandelic acid. With aging pores naturally tend to get smaller. Look at pores on you parents and grandparents.

try glycolic or lactic peels

you don't even have to do peels, just buy a good 5-10% toner and use it everyday

it'll be great for your pores, you'll see

Pores actually look larger as you age, because of reduced collagen. Why do you think anti aging creams also mention tightening pores. Pores will get smaller with accutane but scarred pores won't and often people have these after constant picking out of blackheads.

First you have to clean CLEAN it out first before you close the pores. But be gentle. Glycolic acid will do - Avon Anew has the one pad peel. Whether you squeeze the shit out of the blackheads or lightly squeeze - the aftermath is a lot of irritated skin. If the glycolic acid is too much - use a nose peel (a peel off mask for the nose). The biore strips are a no no. After one of the processes chosen - get a large bowl with ice and icy water - and splash your nose. The pore should tighten and close. But if you really have sensitive skin and want to save money - use a steamer. The steam will kill any bacteria - soften the pores - soothe the irritations - then clean with a gentle cleanser - then icy water.

Hope that helps.

Keep them clean with a good cleanser. Maybe like "Lion Queen" suggested.

They will tighten if kept free of sebum, in time.

No way will they ALL stay forever. Most will become normal as sebum slows.

Mine did. so there you go. But I do not have your skin, but docs were always saying I had large pores, now I do not. :D

Sure some split and stayed, 90% are normal now.

blahh! does anyone listen to my posts?? :shock: pores dont open and close they are always open.They only appear to be large because of oil etc,they have no muscular wall so its practically impossible :naughty:

blahh! does anyone listen to my posts?? :shock: pores dont open and close they are always open.They only appear to be large because of oil etc,they have no muscular wall so its practically impossible :naughty:

That's only if your pores are damage beyond repair. The trick is all in the timing. After extracting the blackheads - you have to take steps to clean it out and - do it quickly as possible when the skin still have the potential to heal. If you've already have enlarge pores - keep them clean with weekly mask or steaming - and close the area with ice water. Skin - like your body is moldable - you can change - so can your skin. Oil blotting paper is a must if you want to keep your nose free from blackheads.

jaffa cake is right pores do not open and close they are always open :D

so, excuse me if this is a stupid question, if pores don't open or close, then a "toner" does not actually "tone" the pores, does it?

so, excuse me if this is a stupid question, if pores don't open or close, then a "toner" does not actually "tone" the pores, does it?

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I think most toners have an astringent effect that tightens the skin and may temporarily make pores appear smaller.

I am not sure, though ... I don't use toners so I've never researched them.

Jaffa Cake Man is correct. Pores do not actually open and close ... there is no mechanism for any such thing.

I believe they can shrink in size though. Mine sure look better than is high school!

You could see everyone of them, now most are normal looking.

Maybe when they are clogged the are more dilated?

Anti-perspirant.

Works for me!

Your not the only one it works for "Mr. Delicious".. :lol: lol Ive been applying Ban antiperspirant (18% Chlorohydrate) to my cheeks and nose for the past 2-3 weeks. The nose is less oily, no new breakouts, blackheads have disappeared and my once huuuge nose pores look nonexistant..nothing ive used in the past works like this..it may sound crazy but IMO it's certainly worth a try.

well, they can be tightened temporarily, but not open or closed. im just getting it off this thread. pores are permenantly open, because the skin has no mechanism to open or close them.

sounds realistic to me.

damnblackheads... "sigh

thanks for the reply, lionqueen

Are you isning spray anti-perspirants?Does any one work or does it have to be a particular formula?

Hi Laura123,

Nooo...don't use spray antiperspirant, solid or gel. We are using a Roll-on. Nloo and most here are using Certain-Dri which contains 12% Aluminum Chloride. I have been using Ban which is 18% Aluminum Chlorohydrate. Altho stronger, I've been using the Ban for the past 3 weeks or so and its still working well for me. ( I wet my face and apply sparingly) if you cant find Certain-dry, just find a roll on that is 12% Aluminum Chloride and it should work the same. Good luck to you.

Certain-Dry: http://www.drugstore.com/qxp11764_332828_s...erspiration.htm

A "pore tightening" moisturier, johnsons does one, and I think clearasil does too, so does paulo senzano I think and clean and clear do a pore tihtening facial wash. There are hundreds of products out there to help you.