Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adriana987

Scab keeps falling off prematurely

Hi all, :)

After making the mistake of putting too much toothpaste on a freshly popped zit on my chin, I ended up with a rather painful wound (acid burn?).

It crusted up after a day or so. The crust fell off after 3 days and I was left with a new wound (thankfully no indentation!) that was a bit smaller than the previous one.

New scab formed, fell off in 2 days, new but slightly smaller wound appeared.

The other day the wound crusted up and yesterday the crust fell off (after 1 day!). For the third time. And I predict that by tomorrow there'll be another crust that's going to fall off too. And so on and so forth. :wall:

I've been using Aloe Vera gel, some moisturizer and concealer. The Aloe Vera seems to 'help' form the crust, but it leaves a film which seems to loosen the scab... causing it to fall off.

What can I do to help the wound heal? Do you think the vicous cycle will stop on its own eventually? What can I do to prevent permanent scarring? What are the dos and don'ts? Moisturizer or no moisturizer, aloe vera or no aloe vera, other products, or just leave it alone? :think:

Thanks!