Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User21768

Is benzoyl peroxide better than benzamycin gel?

I currently use benzamycin gel but my acne is pretty bad at the moment, I was wondering would benzoyl peroxide be a better thing to use?

I currently use benzamycin gel but my acne is pretty bad at the moment, I was wondering would benzoyl peroxide be a better thing to use?

If your skin tends to be dry and irritated from the benzamycin, then you would be better off with bp only. Benzamycin is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and another antibacterial. Unfortunately, most (if not all) pharmacies reconstitute it using alcohol, which makes the finished topical extremely drying.

use LOTS of benzamycin and use it at night an in the morning after you shower use a light moisturizer. you will notice a world of difference. benzamycin is WAY better than regular BP because it has an actual antibiotic in it to fight and clear up acne.

I think if benzamycin isn't working for you you aren't using enough. i literally use it like a mask before bed an then wash it off in the morning. AAAAAND you don't get immune to it. i've been using it for 12 years. it works.

use LOTS of benzamycin and use it at night an in the morning after you shower use a light moisturizer. you will notice a world of difference. benzamycin is WAY better than regular BP because it has an actual antibiotic in it to fight and clear up acne.

I think if benzamycin isn't working for you you aren't using enough. i literally use it like a mask before bed an then wash it off in the morning. AAAAAND you don't get immune to it. i've been using it for 12 years. it works.

Lol like a mask? I'd get it all over my pillow and in my hair. I use quite a bit but i'll try some more then.

Lol like a mask? I'd get it all over my pillow and in my hair. I use quite a bit but i'll try some more then.

tie up you hair and get a really crappy pillowcase :) and lie on your side :)