Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User21768

Is benzoyl peroxide gel better than benzamycin gel

I currently use benzamycin gel but my acne is pretty bad at the moment, I was wondering would benzoyl peroxide be a better thing to use?

How long have you been using it? Any regimen you begin, you need to give it atleast 2 full months and then assess whether or not it is helping. I used to be the guy that would try something new every other day!!! I learned the hard way. Most regimens make things worse before they make them better. The reason is because your skin naturally is doing its own thing and every time you start a regimen, you are kicking your skin into another gear. So I would suggest sticking with what you are using now since that is what your skin is most accustomed to at the moment and give it atleast 6-8 weeks then make a decision. Just be gentle when applying the medication and moisturize with a gentle moisturizer. You might wanna check out the video of how to follow the CSR regimen on this sites homepage. Just try not to keep switching products back and forth without giving each product ample time to work (or not work), your skin will thank you for it. trust me.

i have no idea which is better.

I went to see my derm today....and i told her that BP was helping me...she pointed out a few little bumps (clear not red)on my forehead and otld me i have clogged pores..and perscribed me benzamycin and retin-a a lower dose...so i have no idea. im just as confuseddddddddd

SOMEONE ANSWER lol :redface::redface: (sorry for caps!) lol

Guest Sincerely_Me

I used Benzamycin when I was younger and it worked SO fast.

However, I've done the regimen and that works pretty quickly too.

Nothing is "better" than the other, it's all a matter of what works best for you. So it's a whole trial and error thing.