Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dalmation

week 13, not clear at all!

I am just starting week 13 of accutane and I would of hoped to see some kind of improvement but I still have the same terrible skin since I started the course. The only improvements have been no blackheads or oily skin anymore. My derm told me at week 4 not to expect to see improvement till after I stop taking the medication. i thought that was crazy since most people clear up on the med at some point. I look at other peoples photos on the tane and my face has no good areas. I breakout everywhere!!! Is the med going to work or am I one of those few people that it won't help. :doubt:

I am just starting week 13 of accutane and I would of hoped to see some kind of improvement but I still have the same terrible skin since I started the course. The only improvements have been no blackheads or oily skin anymore. My derm told me at week 4 not to expect to see improvement till after I stop taking the medication. i thought that was crazy since most people clear up on the med at some point. I look at other peoples photos on the tane and my face has no good areas. I breakout everywhere!!! Is the med going to work or am I one of those few people that it won't help. :doubt:

breakouts are coursed by excessive serum, since you've indicated that you dont have oily skin anymore, you should see improvement soon.

Don't be sad, I know it stinks, but it's totally normal. I took Acccutane for 3-4 months last winter, and I started to clear up at the beginning of month 3, but only after having finished the course I got clear skin, so there is nothing to worry for you. It's completely normal, just keep with it and stay strong!

Stefy