Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACH, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE :(

I am jsut 16, and have had light acne for about a year and i feel now it had gone to the higher moderate end.

My mum is trying to help me as much as possible. and she noticed that my skin was getting dry dues to me using OXY 10 (10% benzoyl) so she said lets try something different. and i have been reading up here and it recommends 2.5 and for good - and logical reasons.

So i asked my mum to get some 2.5 % benzoyl. and she came back and said i think you should aly of the benzoyl for a while (which i know is not a good idea) so she came home with a salcylic acid spot treatment - neutrogena. and it is a tiny tube and cost about £7 :S.

so i dont want to offend my mum, so im keeping on it and maybe it will do something but ive been suing it for 2 days and if anything its got worse.

shall i try the oxy on the spot stuff. because i cannot afford the shipping costs from usings dans cream. is on the spot good?

please help me. i feel useless and stressed.

I'm not sure about the Oxy; I've been using Neutrogena On-the-Spot. About not offending your mom, don't be embarassed to tell her the cream she bought is making your skin worse. Show her this website and its suggestions for the BP 2.5%. Then she will know what to pick up for you. Good luck and don't forget a good cleanser and moisturizer too!

I dont think your mom is going to be offended if your skin is getting worse. If anything, shell feel bad and go get you 2.5% BP right away. And i dont know what Oxy on the spot is, but Neutrogena OTS is the treatment that is recommended.

however, buying dans cream is going to save you money whether you get the OXY OTS or Neutrogena one, because it comes in such a large tube, so how are you going to be able to afford the OTS stuff when you cant afford what is going to save you money?

I'm not sure about the Oxy; I've been using Neutrogena On-the-Spot. About not offending your mom, don't be embarassed to tell her the cream she bought is making your skin worse. Show her this website and its suggestions for the BP 2.5%. Then she will know what to pick up for you. Good luck and don't forget a good cleanser and moisturizer too!

thanks ever so much for your reply. means alot :). do you know any cheap moisturisers thata are effective?

i think im going to go for neutrogena on the spot (is it working for you?) i cant seem to find that actually , biore oil control cleanser, and a moisturiser you recommend :angel: .

thanks again for your reply, we all need some help in times of need :)

I dont think your mom is going to be offended if your skin is getting worse. If anything, shell feel bad and go get you 2.5% BP right away. And i dont know what Oxy on the spot is, but Neutrogena OTS is the treatment that is recommended.

however, buying dans cream is going to save you money whether you get the OXY OTS or Neutrogena one, because it comes in such a large tube, so how are you going to be able to afford the OTS stuff when you cant afford what is going to save you money?

urmm, im jsut worried about the cost of charges on the door? for tax and stuff.

The Neutrogena seems to be helping. I've only been doing the regimen for about 2 months, so I still have some time to go. I was thinking about ordering Dan's BP because it is only $8 for a 4 oz tube, while the Neutrogena is about $6 for a 0.75 oz tube! If the Neutrogena was 4 oz, it would cost about $32! Shipping and tax included, Dan's is still a better deal!

Check my signature for my cleasner and moisturizer (it's a mail away product). It's a bit expensive (like $1 a day) but I use it because I am 27 and I want to start trying to preserve my skin's youthful appearance before it starts to slip away! Although, with my acne, I'd say my skin has a youthful appearance...I look like I'm 14!

If you are oily, try using Apple Cider Vinegar. I am going to start it this week. It reduces oil production, cleanses pores, helps heal old red marks from acne, tones and conditions skin, and helps even skin tone. I don't know about Biore oil control cleanser. Dan recommends Cetaphil, which I have used extensively in the past and liked. It is gentle, but does not control oil. They also make a very light and gentle moisturizer.

I have tried everything under the sun, including Accutane. Now, I want to try using more natural remedies. I am doing the CSR to clear myself up for now, and I will start the ACV soon. Then I will slowly incorporate baking soda for exfoliation and a protein mask of egg whites and lemon juice to cleanse and tighten pores.

Check these out for info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108428

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...c=35135&hl=

Let me know how you make out! ;)

I will let ypu know how things go. :)

I really thought my skin had improved this morning, then i washed my face and, it was jsut flakey.

Damn salycleis acid

(or whatever its called!)

and it says its non drying - hahaha, yer right.

Well my mum is getting me some oxy on the spot today, and hopefull some moisturiser and cleanser.

I will let ypu know how things go. :)

I really thought my skin had improved this morning, then i washed my face and, it was jsut flakey.

Damn salycleis acid

(or whatever its called!)

and it says its non drying - hahaha, yer right.

Well my mum is getting me some oxy on the spot today, and hopefull some moisturiser and cleanser.

I use oxy on the spot and it is great. It will work wonders if you really persevere with it. 10% was probably just a bit too drying for your skin. The 2.5% will be better for you.

i really dont see a different with dans treatment with proactiv, except proactiv is more expensive. proaciv treatment is based on benzol peroxide, and it happens to be %2.5.

i really dont see a different with dans treatment with proactiv, except proactiv is more expensive. proaciv treatment is based on benzol peroxide, and it happens to be %2.5.

jhony...Proactiv is only left on the skin for a few minutes, as opposed to using Dans treatment throughout the day, and on top of that Proactiv has many more ingredients than just benzol peroxide.