Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goober80

giant zits

I've heard a few people allude to the fact that their acne "changed" after the CSR. For me, CSR has helped for the most part. But now, I frequently get "super" zits that are hard and don't come to a head. They leave marks when they finally go away. I NEVER got these in 9 years of acne before the regimen. So ... does anyone know why this would happen ... and what to do about them???

When did you start the CSR?

I'm experiencing the same thing. I started off with mild but persistent acne...and since starting the CSR, I've been going thru ups and downs...improvement, then something that looks like severe acne(it was never this bad!)

I keep telling myself all the crap is comming up to clear my skin. In other words, what's comming up now would have sooner or later.

But I know what you mean. Those pimples actually hurt. I have some on my cheeks(always had clear cheeks prior to this), jawline and near my mouth(chin area).It sux!

When I read posts like yours, it leads me to think IT IS normal! ;)

It isn't unusual to have some breakouts in the first few months. Just be sure you are being super gentle. And work your way up to the full amount of bp. And moisturize to keep your skin hydrated. These breakouts should lessen as time goes on.

As much as I wish Brandy was right, I have to tell Metric24 that I've been on the regimen for 9 months, and this has pretty much been the case since the beginning.

As much as I wish Brandy was right, I have to tell Metric24 that I've been on the regimen for 9 months, and this has pretty much been the case since the beginning.

goober,

Are you still breaking out after 9 months? What do you mean by "frequently"?

When I first read your post, I thought you were new to the CSR.

We should try and figure out what's going on then.

have you looked through the FAQ?

Do you want to list your products and procedure so we can take a look?

First of all, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. So my regimen is as follows:

Morning: CSR gel, Eucerin daily renewal

Night: CSR gel, alpha hydrox lotion if needed for dryness

In answer to another reply ... the zits are hard to describe. They may qualify as cysts. Basically, they are hard red bumps, two or three times the size of the "pustule" type I used to get more frequently. They never come to a head, so it's impossible to pop them. So instead, I have to wait until they subside, which can take well over a week. And then, there's a mark left behind.

Anyway, for 9 months, my skin has reached near perfection at times, only to be wrecked by these annoying zits every few weeks.

I've been as gentle as possible with the regimen. So I'm not really sure what I could be doing wrong.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

i see no reason why your regimen shouldnt be working.

some do find however that severe acne cant be controlled simply by the CSR and it takes a bit more ie antibiotics etc.

i hope that isnt the case but it really does depend on peoples acne.

ive been on the csr since jan and i stil get pimples and redmarks etc.

the csr isnt PERFECT but it serves its job at keeping acne under control for the most part.

my acne is VERY persistant tho so i might be another example of acne being too persistant for the CSR alone. :(

Goober, you didn't list a cleanser. If yr not using one, you need to. If you are, list it so brandy knows what it is.

As far as the original poster, I went through the same thing. I had huge knots that hurt so much. I don't know why it happened, but with consistent use, they did go away. I was using cetaphil, but it wasn't the best for my oily skin. I switched to the purpose bar and have smooth sailing for the part. Hope this helps.

First of all, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. So my regimen is as follows:

Morning: CSR gel, Eucerin daily renewal

Night: CSR gel, alpha hydrox lotion if needed for dryness

In answer to another reply ... the zits are hard to describe. They may qualify as cysts. Basically, they are hard red bumps, two or three times the size of the "pustule" type I used to get more frequently. They never come to a head, so it's impossible to pop them. So instead, I have to wait until they subside, which can take well over a week. And then, there's a mark left behind.

Anyway, for 9 months, my skin has reached near perfection at times, only to be wrecked by these annoying zits every few weeks.

I've been as gentle as possible with the regimen. So I'm not really sure what I could be doing wrong.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

goober,

are you using a cleanser? Which one?

And how much bp are you using? Are you using a full fat finger worth of CSR gel twice daily?

Sorry about forgetting the cleanser. Yes, I use the Purpose bar in the evening only. And I use the full fat finger of BP ... and have done so pretty much since the beginning. I have been a model student of the CSR. By the way, I should also mention I'm a female, and I do wear makeup. All non-comedogenic.

My point in the original post, was that I've never had the particular kind of zits that I have had since starting the regimen. CSR seems to have resulted in fewer zits overall. But these "giant zits" are so unusual, and so annoying that I just had to ask if anyone had seen anything like it.

Thanks again for helping. And for Metric24 .. who is now depressed ... I think you should stick with it a little longer. One month isn't enough to give up just yet.

goober80, i've had the same zits but it was when i was using proactiv. ever since the regimen they've been going great and i just started it a few days ago. i don't know if that counts but i know how you feel, they suck. but don't try picking at them, they'll just bleed....i know from experience. why not start taking vitamins? i started on B6 but Omega 3 and Vitamin E are very good to help with acne.

don't be depressed Metric24

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I got these large bumps too (chin, forehead, nose, cheek). They took awhile to heal, didn't have any possible way to pop them, and when they did go away they left scars. The BP clears our acne for the most, but it leaves us few unlucky people with these bumps. The places where I got these bumps I started applying less BP and it helped a bit.

Another victim of the phenomenon. Never got them until I started the regimen, now I occasionally get them (and in fact, just recently got one on my forehead) that's still there, though luckily hidden by my hair. I've been on the regimen since April and my face is very clear.

I am also suffering from the same situation. My cheeks used to be a lot clearer....after CSR I started clearing up and it has been somewhat under control but my acne has developed into cysts. What do we do here? I'll try to be gentler but I don't know how much that will help if many are experiencing the same thing.

I also have gotten these. Always on my chin line, or right under my chin. I have to keep BP away from there. I have no idea why this happens or what can be done other than not getting BP on the area where it occurs.

Just so you people don't feel left out, I have the same thing. Its not something we are doing wrong, I think it is something natural in our bodies that are doing it. Personally, against what all people say, I think its the skin trying to build a block against the BP. When I go on a BP product, it works GREAT for a week. After that, it just fails to work anymore. The same thing happened when I went on Dans Gel.

Just so you people don't feel left out, I have the same thing. Its not something we are doing wrong, I think it is something natural in our bodies that are doing it. Personally, against what all people say, I think its the skin trying to build a block against the BP. When I go on a BP product, it works GREAT for a week. After that, it just fails to work anymore. The same thing happened when I went on Dans Gel.

I got this feeling too. Like our bodies are trying to say this is just way too much BP. *sighhh*

It sounds like it could be another breed of acne never seen before, restricted only to those who cover their face in BP.

It sounds like it could be another breed of acne never seen before, restricted only to those who cover their face in BP.

Ahrghhhhhhhh! :wall:

So are you guys saying that by using BP, I'm just trading for another kind of acne?Wow!This is great!

I'm finding it harder and harder to find positive posts about the CSR...seems to make things worse for alot of people.(hope I'm wrong!)Plus I'm getting personnal messages from people telling me I shouldn't be breaking out anymore after a month, that it's not normal. :doh:

When you really think about it, it's either not working, making you breakout, changing your acne, drying your skin...and for a few people here (like Dan), it helped.So this helps what? 10% of the people who try it?

Curios have u always used bp?

I am also suffering from the same situation. My cheeks used to be a lot clearer....after CSR I started clearing up and it has been somewhat under control but my acne has developed into cysts. What do we do here? I'll try to be gentler but I don't know how much that will help if many are experiencing the same thing.

UGH :(

I also have gotten these. Always on my chin line, or right under my chin. I have to keep BP away from there. I have no idea why this happens or what can be done other than not getting BP on the area where it occurs.

Which bp are u using?

GULP :shock:

I'm trying hard to remember if before I had ever used BP if I did not have those kinds of zits; the large, very painful, underneath the surface kind. Those are what plague me most now, besides the tyical pimple.

I used Proactiv on & off for the past 7 years (yeah that long) and my skin has yo-yo'ed so much it's hard to say. I always attributed those particular kind of breakouts to monthly hormones (being a woman). I cant tell by all of your names, but are most of you with these kind of blemishes female? Maybe it is a hormonal thing & not related to BP. Although, I have heard many times (from detractors of course) that supposedly BP can do long-term harm to skin, but no one ever elaborates on that statement....maybe this is the long term negative effect? I dont know....just some ideas.

I have a huge cyst on my left temple that formed more than a week ago... first one in 13 years since I have acne :|

I cover all my face with BP since February and I did get a few huge zits from time to time, but overall the regimen got me 100% free of the moderate active acne I had before.

I've discovered that when the regimen doesn't work it's because of something I do or stop doing. In this case, I'm putting the blame on the stupid neomicine I applied 2 weeks ago (combined with retinol) because I wanted to balance my skin tone and fade some scars... now my skin tone is the least of my freekin' worries :mad:

I also have been a victim of this. I went on clindoxyl for relatively mild-moderate acne last December. I had never ever had a nodule/cyst in my life. I didn't realize how lucky I had it. Then I began getting pustules, and cysts (I think) always in the temple/scalp region. My thinning hair/balding makes them visible whereas for most people nobody would see it :cry:

Anyways I asked my dermatologist it this this week, emphasizing the fact that I never had acne like this before I went on the topical gel. He's a nice guy and a decent derm but he's decided this new acne is just a normal change. I really do not believe that.

So now I try try try to not use the clindoxyl much but then I worry my original moderate acne will flourish again if I don't use it...so I end up using it......then I regret using it and worry about cysts...it's just not good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this though.

We need to figure this out.........