Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laura lou

lemon juice

i have really bad scars in various areas on my face. I read here that lemon juice was quite goood for helping fade scars. so last night, i put some pure lemon juice in a cup, soaked a cotton wool pad in teh juice and dabbed it on a small area on my face for 15 minutes. It did not sting too much and afterwards, it made my skin feel a hell of a lot smoother! when i got up this morning, the area of scars looks a bit lighter. im gonna continue doing this, but does anyone have any idea of how frequently i should do this? as i do not want to irritate my skin or burn it lol!

thanks

Every night, every other if ur skin is sensative.

thanks!!

i have sensitive skin so i beest do it every other night like u said! lol

i have really bad scars in various areas on my face. I read here that lemon juice was quite goood for helping fade scars. so last night, i put some pure lemon juice in a cup, soaked a cotton wool pad in teh juice and dabbed it on a small area on my face for 15 minutes. It did not sting too much and afterwards, it made my skin feel a hell of a lot smoother! when i got up this morning, the area of scars looks a bit lighter. im gonna continue doing this, but does anyone have any idea of how frequently i should do this? as i do not want to irritate my skin or burn it lol!

thanks

You can mix it with egg white. Makes your skin smoother. Doesn't sting.

Crack an egg. Get the egg white. Put some drops of lemon in the container and stir. Put on face and put the container in fridge. I tend to throw it out after 3 days.

I use it in the morning and evening. The egg white really makes your skin smoother and won't irritate the face. In like 4 days I noticed a difference. So you can try it out for a week and see if it works for you.

yum lemon juice, wouldnt it mess up the PH of your skin?

Not necessarily, if you're gentle and do not overdo it.

I believe lemon contains citric acid, and since most of the Over The Counter products tend to leave our skin alkaline, fresh lemon might be able to help balance the pH and bump it down to the preferred pH 5.5.

I agree with you *hey..i'mlaura*.

I have read, from some chinese webpages, that fresh lemon juice can conteract with acnes, acne scars and pigmentation (red marks).

The author who recommended the lemon juice method drank fresh lemon juice in 2000cc water everday for 6 months, and her acne/scars dissappear almost completely.

Well, I am drinking lemon juice diluted in 800ml water everday for about a week now. I also apply 100% lemon juice to my face before I go to bed.

I see improvement. The red marks faded and skin smoother/brighter.

I will continue this up to 6 months (hopefully I can stay with this for 6 months).

this sounds great but a question, would it be effective using the lemon juice you can buy in a bottle, or is it only fresh lemons that would be beneficial?

impossible to improve red marks after one day!!! i used it for a week and saw nothing. Hard to believe things when everyone says things work so quickly.

Guest nec77

i think people just look better on certain days... i know i do. look good, then look bad, etc. its a never ending cycle.

this sounds great but a question, would it be effective using the lemon juice you can buy in a bottle, or is it only fresh lemons that would be beneficial?

An actual lemon.

Hey I just heard from Snow Queen in the mild moderate acne section that citric acid can cause irritation and weakens the immune system. It may cause acne.

I think its prefered if you guys only put a few drops into egg white. That way the drops are minimal and the egg white dilutes it.

Hey I just heard from Snow Queen in the mild moderate acne section that citric acid can cause irritation and weakens the immune system. It may cause acne.

I think its prefered if you guys only put a few drops into egg white. That way the drops are minimal and the egg white dilutes it.

That's not quite what I said. I said that the lemon juice itself can cause irritation. Although lemons are antibacterial, they can also weaken the skin's immunal response.

Citric acid, a component of lemon juice, is used in many products as a preservative and pH balancer. In small amounts it's fine.

That's not quite what I said. I said that the lemon juice itself can cause irritation. Although lemons are antibacterial, they can also weaken the skin's immunal response.

Citric acid, a component of lemon juice, is used in many products as a preservative and pH balancer. In small amounts it's fine.

hey snowqueen, how do u like paula's products...as i want to try those?/

hey snowqueen, how do u like paula's products...as i want to try those?

/

Paula's Choice is my favorite product line. All of the products are unlikely to cause irritation, and the products designed for oily, combination, and/or acne-prone skin are not likely to clog pores. The company particularly excells in formulating alpha hydroxy acid and beta hydroxy acid products, as opposed to many other companies that add irritants like alcohol and witch hazel to their chemical exfoliants and/or don't formulate their chemical exfoliates to have a low enough pH (4 or lower), rendering them ineffective for exfoliation.

hey what can be use to apply the egg white with lemon juice to

face??

can i use the cotton wool pad?? or just use my fingers??

hey what can be use to apply the egg white with lemon juice to

face??

can i use the cotton wool pad?? or just use my fingers??

i put the egg and lemon mixture into a cup and then put cotton wool in there. Then i apply that to my face. I find it easier than using fingers coz it gets messy lol! hope that helps :angel:

yeah, lemon is a natural bleaching agent. you have to do this continuously one or two times each day for some weeks to see any results. i used to do this but i stopped because my skin didn't improve. maybe i'll try the egg white thing though..

you have to do this continuously one or two times each day for some weeks to see any results (inexplicableromance)

i used to do this but i stopped because my skin didn't improve (inexplicableromance)

Confused. Do you recommend someone to do the lemon juice method?

When I had a lot of redness and red marks I would take 1/2 lemon squeeze it into 8oz water to drink after I rolled out of bed, then would rub the lemon 1/2 all over my face, wait 15 mins or so then wash it off. It seemed to help alot, along with aloe vera gel in the pm, all my red marks are now gone.

When I had a lot of redness and red marks I would take 1/2 lemon squeeze it into 8oz water to drink after I rolled out of bed, then would rub the lemon 1/2 all over my face, wait 15 mins or so then wash it off. It seemed to help alot, along with aloe vera gel in the pm, all my red marks are now gone.

How long have you been drinking and applying lemon to COMPLETELY? fade your red markS?