Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brendan_192

adult acne in guys

I had acne (really bad) till I was about 28. Tried everything and anything till I finally decided to take accutane. It worked (thank god!) with very few side effects. Good luck!

Guest chesterfalls

i first got acne at about 22/23, i'm 26 now and still getting it... :cry::boohoo:

I just turned 26 and my acne started late in high school, I mean senior year type late. I truly believe I wrecked my skin with all the improper treatments. I'm now dealing with adult acne and my skin is very sensitive, like to everything. I'm trying proactiv, again, since it has been the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I am 36 and have suffered from varying degrees of acne since I was 14 or so. My face is pretty clear, but I have started to get bad cystic acne on my shoulders and back. Visited derm and have been on Doxy for a month with not much luck. If it doesn't clear up he is talking about Accutane. I am nervous about it b/c my face is clear and I don't want to go thoroug an initial break out. We'll see!

I'm 25 and pretty much had the clearest skin until the start of this year, my skin has gone from being clear to being the biggest mess in everyway, I have terrible acne and my skin texture has totally changed ... and I mean its gone so dry and lost life somehow. It seriously brings me to tears when I dwell on it which is daily, I just want to know why this has happened, there has to be a reason and I'm enraged that Drs seem to have little idea why. It's pathetic that more isnt understood. To have perfect skin and literally within a week to have acne is never normal, never.

i have had acne since i was 13,i am 28 now and it has only improved abit over the years.I have scars and pitting on my face as well.Acne has totally ruined my life! (what life) :D

Well i see iam not alone in this misery of horrible skin.

i have just joined this forum and look forward to talking to other suffers about there experiences.

23 here but is pretty gotten to a point where my t=reatment does a great job in supressing the acne i still get the occational break out. but it dosent compare in severity to when i was 14-20

Yep, 33 and I get acne on my back (for some reason). Rarely ever on my face, usually that is only after eating cheap chocolate, despite all the "scientific research and evidence" to the contrary.

You bet... I am 40 and have had various stages of acne my whole life.

Through my twenties, the use of BP and thorough washing kept serious acne at bay. I did still have a problem with oily skin, however. Later it mostly cleared up and no regimen was needed.

Recently after a stressful period and the use of antibiotics after a root canal, I experienced a huge increase of small-diameter acne, some occasional deep acne on my forehead, irritation, red patches and overall oiliness all across my forehead and nose. Several months later it has remained and appears to be increasing. At times, the entire surface of my forehead is series of small bumps, mildly irritated and prone to heavy oiliness. (Anyone else have this?????)

I have tried Dan's regimen to a certain extent and my acne simply flared out of control and left my skin red and oily. Back to basics (for me) of tea-trea infused soap and spot treatment of BP. Small measure of success.

I am scheduled for my first dermatologist visit in 15 years....

Acne can flare up at any time in your life. All it takes is a certain trigger and WHAM.... :)

Im 26 had since i was 13. Was worst when i was 15-18 but seem to be a little worse now than i was when i will 20-21. I think my problem is hormonal as diet and facial washes dont make much difference. I never get cysts or really bad acne,just annoying spots from the jaw down.... damn them spots

25 now, ive had acne since i was 11, ive also been on accutane and although it went away for a little while its coming back now and i just seem to be in a downward spiral everyday. currently using benzamycin gel every night along with tetracycline 2x a day.

I am 38 y/o and started having problems with acne about two years ago. As a teen, my complexion was fine as well as through my twenties. When I noticed that I started having acne problems was when I started using those high-priced soaps and lotions offered by the leading brand names claiming to make your skin look and feel better.

Anyway, I have improved my skin 100% by following some simple instructions from a good friend of mine. First, NEVER use any soap on your face that contains any lotion, skin conditioner or worst of all, cologne. Some the leading product makers of men's cologne now offer facial soaps. DO NOT use them. They will irritate your skin and cause breakouts if you have sensitive skin.

Also, be very careful of the shampoo you use. Most shampoos these days are nothing more than lotion to make your hair softer which gives the feeling that it is cleaner. Most leading brand shampoos have heavy lotions which clog pores and cause breakouts. When you shampoo your hair, avoid letting the soap come in contact with your face when you are rinsing.

The best facial soaps to use are mild anti-bacterial soaps. And most of the time, the same soap you use on your body is sufficient to use on your face.

I'm 35 and I used to have some acne when I was 17. I went to facials twice but couldn't stand the pain. I almost spoilt my face when I used different facial cleansers after thinking my face was not cleaned enough.

The result was redness and more redness.

Then my aunty recommended me to use Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel and after applying the gel, my skin miraculously cleared up (I think it soothed the redness). I also stuck to just normal soap like Lux and water, only washing once or twice a day.

So I would recommend anyone to just wash their face with the soap lather and just gently clean the face until you get a feeling the skin is smooth. Try this and eventually your skin will turn silky smooth. I know this works for me.

Anyway just keep up with whatever routine you are going through and hopefully you will get clear skin soon and bye bye to the acne problems :)