Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I picked and picked and picked at this nodule on the side of my face, and now it's a bloody mess. I fuckin' HATE when I do that!! It makes me so angry. How do you guys cope with picking, do you have things you do that STOPS you from picking? Grrr.

I picked and picked and picked at this nodule on the side of my face, and now it's a bloody mess. I fuckin' HATE when I do that!! It makes me so angry. How do you guys cope with picking, do you have things you do that STOPS you from picking? Grrr.

The only thing that stops me from picking is my having complete OCD about touching my face :redface: people think im so weird because I REFUSE to touch my face unless i'm washing it/applying topicals. my friend and I were laughing about me because I was panacking that when I get my grad pictures done, that they'd make me rest my face on my hand haha.

Other than that, I demand that you stop picking young lady :evil: OR ELSE :badgrin:

Guest Michael Jackson

I picked once, I got a scar from it, lesson learned

The only thing that stops me from picking is my having complete OCD about touching my face :redface: people think im so weird because I REFUSE to touch my face unless i'm washing it/applying topicals. my friend and I were laughing about me because I was panacking that when I get my grad pictures done, that they'd make me rest my face on my hand haha.

Other than that, I demand that you stop picking young lady :evil: OR ELSE :badgrin:

Meep. :shock:

I picked once, I got a scar from it, lesson learned

I have tons of ice pick scars, you'd think I would have learned not to pick. I just can stand having inflamed bumps on my face, it drives me nuts. :/

just stay away from the mirrors!!!! Stay far away. When my skin used to be really bad, and I wanted to pick it, I would make it like a contest or something- like for every week I didn't pick I could eat ice cream at the end of the week, or eat something really bad for me. And then for every day I did pick, I would torture myself with another half hour that day on the cross training machine. (I hate exercising, so this worked really well for me)!!!

But, I don't know, just think about your skin as another person's skin.....do you think they would want you picking and popping icky zits all over. Besides, clean-up and healing time is a disaster after you pick.

Guest TylerD

You know what I do, pack it with concealer and then I dont touch... Or if you know you wont be out of the house that day or night then put a bandaid *sp* over it. Like just cut a little piece of (use the sticky part) and then just put it over top and let it sit!!! I did that so many times and works like a charm :) , you will see what I mean if you just give it a try haha :P .

just stay away from the mirrors!!!! Stay far away. When my skin used to be really bad, and I wanted to pick it, I would make it like a contest or something- like for every week I didn't pick I could eat ice cream at the end of the week, or eat something really bad for me. And then for every day I did pick, I would torture myself with another half hour that day on the cross training machine. (I hate exercising, so this worked really well for me)!!!

But, I don't know, just think about your skin as another person's skin.....do you think they would want you picking and popping icky zits all over. Besides, clean-up and healing time is a disaster after you pick.

i like your idea cindy i think ill try somethin like that. ohh i hate typing your name i just stopped seeing this chic named cindy. ohh man im sooo not over her. why is when u stop seein someone you can only ever think about how perfect they were and never the bad things about em

it sucks dude ay. i dont wanna go out to my local spot cause i know shell be there drinkin too and im afraid seein her would just make me depressed

Yeah see, I have to pick my face. One time, I didn't pick at my face. And I kid you not, that day when I went to work, the only thing I could think about was these two giant cysts on my face. The entire day.

i'm a pickaholic myself. i can't help touching my face to feel the skin.. oh and when i get the white head on cysts i can't just let them be. i always pop them cause i hate the way they look and if i have to go out i just can't cover it with makeup cause it looks ridiculous.

i know this is not the right thing to do... i try educating myself with this problem :D

i used to pick a lot. when i was a lot younger and when my skin was pretty much perfect. id look in the mirror, and have this urge to touch and examine my skin and if i saw even a single blackhead id pick, time went by, and id start getting more, and id pick more, and it would get worse, point been its a viscious cycle. it makes youre skin worse not better.

im over the worst of it now. i maybe get approx one a day i look in the mirror and dream about picking, sometimes you can hardly see them, sometimes you can, but normally 9 times out of 10 i can refrain myself and they go away normally a day or so later, unless, its massivly huge and white or its in an awkward place then i find it hard to resist. but i am anal about picking because i get so scared, i think about how my skin now needs cleaning, and my hands and i cant touch my face now till everythings clean, incase i spread the germs, and normally when you pick, youre skin looks like crap for a day, and you end up breaking out a bit in the area you picked, so it gets worse. from history therefore im pretty good at not picking, but sometimes my will power leaves me occasionally.

i used to pick and touch my face A LOT. Seriously, going to school, the entire classtime i would be touching and picking, and it would make me look so bad. I really learned my lesson one time when i got this really nasty nodule that i just couldnt stop picking, and it became a really indented mark. I had the nodule and then the red mark there for about seven or eight months, so i just try and remind myself of how bad i looked with that thing every time i want to do it now.

I have tons of ice pick scars, you'd think I would have learned not to pick. I just can stand having inflamed bumps on my face, it drives me nuts. :/

Boy do i feel you. I have the same problem and no solution. I just can't tolerate having any bumps on my skin; it irritates me to no end.

I don't get over it. How's that for a reply?

That, or I keep my hands occupied by biting my nails, which is another bad habit. :wall:

You know what I do, pack it with concealer and then I dont touch... Or if you know you wont be out of the house that day or night then put a bandaid *sp* over it. Like just cut a little piece of (use the sticky part) and then just put it over top and let it sit!!! I did that so many times and works like a charm :) , you will see what I mean if you just give it a try haha :P .

The bandaid and the concealer are really good ideas!! Another thing I do is put a big gob of benzoyl peroxide on it and just let it dry there. It dries the crap out of it, which I want, and it forms like a hard shell over top of it so I don't mess with it. (if that's bad, someone please let me know)

Heck I don't blame you for picking because if you're like me you get a hideous red mark whether you pick it or not. Where's the justice?!? Besides it's easier to apply makeup concealer to a spot that's slightly scabbed over, than one that's all ripe and shiny. Am I right?? Hahaa....