Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been thinking about this for a while. This is my theory of acne's psychological effects. This may seem like common sense to some people, but for others i think they just need direction. I think at around the age of 13-14 maybe earlier you start worrying about what you look like. And for people who suffer from acne these feelings may turn negative. The objective of overcoming this depression is not to dope yourself up on pills or take drugs. I think the true objective is to look through the acne, like you were born with it. Everyone has an insecurity at a very young age, for me it was always being the short kid. I overcame my insecurities with this at a young age by being more aggresive and outgoing than most. This tended to overshadow my height issue and I had many friends. The same goes with those suffering from acne. You have to just act like your were born with it and act like you don't pay attention to it. With this you will start to realise that your worst insecurities were stupid and they're unlikely to happen. Eventually it will make you a better, happier person.

I've been thinking about this for a while. This is my theory of acne's psychological effects. This may seem like common sense to some people, but for others i think they just need direction. I think at around the age of 13-14 maybe earlier you start worrying about what you look like. And for people who suffer from acne these feelings may turn negative. The objective of overcoming this depression is not to dope yourself up on pills or take drugs. I think the true objective is to look through the acne, like you were born with it. Everyone has an insecurity at a very young age, for me it was always being the short kid. I overcame my insecurities with this at a young age by being more aggresive and outgoing than most. This tended to overshadow my height issue and I had many friends. The same goes with those suffering from acne. You have to just act like your were born with it and act like you don't pay attention to it. With this you will start to realise that your worst insecurities were stupid and they're unlikely to happen. Eventually it will make you a better, happier person.

i don't like you

yeah, that's a really good perspective that you have now, but when you are going through that age when you are feeling insecure, and going through all the crap of people making fun of you, and never feeling comfortable around other people, it's kind of hard to look past it. I mean, now I hardly remember those times, but I still remember them. I mean, I'm not loathing around feeling sorry for myself or feeling all depressed anymore, so that's good......but it's almost impossible to forget about things like that, and just push past it, when it really affected you in a major way.

You must forget. It's the only way you going to be set free.

u sound like you are quoting the matrix or something...deep, very deep...

You must forget. It's the only way you going to be set free.

u sound like you are quoting the matrix or something...deep, very deep...

i concur.. that was beautiful :boohoo:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

^ How old are you?

Hi, my acne is alot better now, but it used to b really bad and i often get depressed abt it. i've got comments like 'ur face looks like a picnic chocolate bar' and countless others. But since i've tried proactiv, it improved tremendously and now i hardly get any. Now, i KNOW that proactiv don't work for most people, but it did for me, maybe i'm just lucky. I wouldn't recommend it tho, seeing the response to it on this board. i guess what i'm saying is, it'll get better one day so just hang on. i've got friends who doesn't care about my acne and a guy who said i'm pretty despite of it. so yeah. hang on.

Okay I dont like this post one bit. I wasnt about to sit around and live with acne. I used the meds and then eventually went on accutane and have it no longer. It wasnt something that I was gonna learn to live with.

I dont agree with you,with that type of thinking you can never self imrpove when there actually might be a chance.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I dont agree with you,with that type of thinking you can never self imrpove when there actually might be a chance.

But he did "self improve". Instead of sitting around and being a helpless victim, he decided to do something about it.