Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

MODS - Can we revise the sticky situation a bit?

I think it'd really help this forum out a lot. In one sticky we could have a list of common acne trigger foods and why they can trigger acne in some people, as well as an explanation that for a lot of people the diet connection doesn't just involve eating a healthy diet but also cutting out triggers. I know SweetJade is an expert on this.

In another thread could be an explanation of all the fats, which are good, which are bad, what good oils are, bad oils, etc.

In another one we could talk about the various ways of cleansing like liver flushing and bowel cleansing, as most people just seem to ignore the "Ex Accutane and Slow Healers Read!!!" thread.

And in another one we could have various diets like Raw Foods, Paleo, Candida diet, elimination diets, info on these diets and what kinds of foods they exclude and include, and the pro's and con's of each.

Dan's experience with diet is a bit irrelevent. Most of the people here are here BECAUSE they feel there is some sort of connection between the two. Those who come here saying there is no connection are usually ignored, ridiculed, or (attemptingly) persuaded, but you might as well just close/trash their threads at first notice.

The Wiki by the community is now irrelevent as that Wiki is down indefinitely.

And the ideas are endless. The point is, the sticky situation should be revised and remedied!

Dan's experience with diet is a bit irrelevent. Most of the people here are here BECAUSE they feel there is some sort of connection between the two. Those who come here saying there is no connection are usually ignored, ridiculed, or (attemptingly) persuaded, but you might as well just close/trash their threads at first notice.

I agree with the other bits - but not with this. I think Dan's experience is relevant (and I suspect you would too if he also believed in the acne/diet link). When I first came to the site I was interested in his experiences because he appears to be an independent observer without any personal agenda of his own. I'm afraid that isn't true for alot of people who contribute to this forum. Its just good to get a bit of balance here and there.

I was confused by the title of this thread... I thought "What's M.O.D.S.? I've never heard of that medical condition before..." hahaha well I agree RS, the stickies in this forum are a little outdated... I think that that discussion we all had on insulin resistance was really neat and there are a bunch of threads on cleansing that keep coming up that should be pinned too.

I agree with the other bits - but not with this. I think Dan's experience is relevant (and I suspect you would too if he also believed in the acne/diet link). When I first came to the site I was interested in his experiences because he appears to be an independent observer without any personal agenda of his own. I'm afraid that isn't true for alot of people who contribute to this forum. Its just good to get a bit of balance here and there.

Eh. In a way Dan does have an agenda to sell BP. I'm thankful he made this site and this forum, but regardless, if there was a conclusive report published tomorrow on PubMed that showed a definite link between diet and acne and how it could be treated, I don't think Dan would quit selling BP and start advertising that diet instead.

Eh. In a way Dan does have an agenda to sell BP. I'm thankful he made this site and this forum, but regardless, if there was a conclusive report published tomorrow on PubMed that showed a definite link between diet and acne and how it could be treated, I don't think Dan would quit selling BP and start advertising that diet instead.

The products are a relatively recent addition - when he first started the website he wasn't selling BP. Even now I wouldn't say that the raison d'etre of the site is to sell BP otherwise the diet/holistic forum wouldn't be here at all. As for the point re a conclusive report - maybe you should reserve judgment as to what Dan does or doesn't do until we see such a report (if ever)...