Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IlliniX

How is Accutane the second time around?

I was on Accutane from last October-February. My dosage was 40-40-60-40-60. I weigh about 170 pounds. The side effects were not too bad. I broke out pretty bad in the second month, but after that, I got very clear. I was clear for about 5 months after getting off it. I'm starting to break out again now so I'm considering going back on it, since NOTHING else worked for me ever. My questions are:

-Are the side effects/intial breakout better the second time around?

-Do I have a greater chance of going into full remission by going on a second round?

Thanks in advance.

Like you, accutane was the only thing that actually rid myself of acne. I got off it the first time and it came back, tried various topicals that didnt work and a couple years later went back on accutane. Once again my acne went away, but again my acne came back.

I am just guessing but I think that if it came back the first time, it will come back after the second cycle as well.

I am currently on vitamin b5 and I am getting very good results, I just started applying benzicline and differin to help fade the old non active acne, I will be posting an update pic soon.

I was on Accutane from last October-February. My dosage was 40-40-60-40-60. I weigh about 170 pounds. The side effects were not too bad. I broke out pretty bad in the second month, but after that, I got very clear. I was clear for about 5 months after getting off it. I'm starting to break out again now so I'm considering going back on it, since NOTHING else worked for me ever. My questions are:

-Are the side effects/intial breakout better the second time around?

-Do I have a greater chance of going into full remission by going on a second round?

Thanks in advance.

Your cumulative dose is way too LOW! That is probably the problem. Also they say if you take tane the second it works for most people permanently, it is rare from someone to go on it more then twice!

Yep, that is what I want to know too, because my acne came back after 5 months after finishing my course...actually it's coming back, but luckily not as nearly as bad as before...and I'm going to ask my derm to put me on a second course, and I've also heard that is not very likily for people to do it more than twice...so, I keep my hopes (and head) high!