Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christoff

Beating the dead horse - Moisturizers...

I know this is overdone but I'm a bit confused because I see so many different opinions on them. I have been using a mixed regiment but want to start this one. I plan on just getting the CSR cleanser and BP but can't decide on moisturizer. I have been looking at the Aveeno Positively Radiant and ultra calming. Also the Complex 15 one. What worked best for you with the CSR regiment? Do you only need to moisturize once a day? My skin is not too dry nor oily if that helps. I was thinking of the Aveeno Positvely Radiant in the morning with the CSR routine and the complex 15 one before bed?

What moisturize(s) do you use and when? Something once a day, something in the morning and something else at night? Thanks

Hi,

At this point in time, Dan feels the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is the most hydrating for use with the Regimen. If you are in the US, you can easily find it at Walmart and other drugstores.

I've tried and it is indeed very hydrating and a very nice moisturizer. I would continue to use it except for the fact that my skin is super oily naturally, and this moisturizer produced more shine than I like.

So, currently I am trying Lac-Hydrin Five, and so far I like it very well. It can be found at Walgreen and drugstore.com

I personally have never tried any of the Aveeno moisturizers.

I did try Complex 15 and didn't find it very moisturizing. It seemed to 'dry' on my skin.

^ yes, he does, but he is very busy and doesn't get to spend much time posting. Lots of Admin. things to do, as well as coordinating all the efforts for his products and new moisturizer, etc.

I really like the moisturizer in my sig. I haven't used to many other moisturizers before so I can't say how it stacks up to the others, but its great for my skin and doesnt break me out. Iv never used the normal skin version. If you decide to get it, go to your local cvs pharmacy and pick up the generic version of it. It's much cheaper (Though I havent used that yet, I found out after I got the actual bottle of what I have. Ill be changing after its done)

Yup, I get on here :) But not as much as I used to. My eyes get super red and irritated when I'm on the computer. I don't know why. I got prescription reading glasses, use eyedrops, got a screen guard for my monitor and try to blink a lot and take breaks, but almost every time I use the computer I end up with bloodshot eyes. That's my little sob story. But in reality I don't like it at all. So I try to do as much as I can away from the computer. I get tons of email every day and still reply to everybody who emails, but that's just about all I want to do.

Ok, having said that, I do like to come on the boards once in a while and see what people are talking about. You're not beating a dead horse. Moisturizer selection is still an issue. I am busy trying sample after sample. I just tried samples # 35 and 36. They still weren't perfect, so I sent it back for another try. I really don't know when I'll be able to sell one. In the meantime I recommend:

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion at night ('cuz it has no SPF)

and

Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA during the day (for people who have been on the regimen for a few weeks already). I don't have another SPF recommendation for during the day. The vast majority of moisturizers don't take care of flakiness well enough.

Thanks for the responses thus far. I currently have been using Clean and Clear continuous acne control (10%, tsk tsk I know) and misc creams for exfoliation and my skin hasn't gotten too try from them. I'm assuming your 2.5% will yield less dryness due to the lower percentage? Is SPF during the day pretty crucial? I'll see what others say and I'll probably get some kind of moisturizer with SPF and Cetaphil for sleepy time. I'm going to read about the Neutrogena product right now and see what others here have to say.

Should one not use any moisturizer during the day for a couple of weeks like you state? Only cetaphil at night?

What if I've already been using something with 10%?

*edit

I just purchased Cetaphil for night and Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA and the Aveeno Ultra Calming for day. Going to try out both and see which I like better.

The one dan mentioned is what I use for my day lotion.

Im looking for a new night lotion. I will try the cetaphil.

Right now Im using dove sensitive skin facial lotion but I dont really like it, it goes on smooth but as you rub it in it sorta gets clumpy feeling and weird and doesnt really absorb in over the bp.

Ugh I HATE moisterizing.

I just moved to the US from the UK, and have been using neutrogena visibly refined with great sucess. Was about 95% clear and then I got greedy and wanted to get rid of the shine. I switched to Aveno and broke out, after 2 weeks I switched to the Neutogena healthy skin and still breaking out, and then I found my old British neutrogena and within a week was back to perfect again. I think when you find something that works, stick with it! Ill keep ordering it from the UK, a little shine is nothing compared to clear skin! Good luck!