Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pimpleprincess

new to accutante (sotret)

hey guys. been reading these posts for a while and finally (thanks to all of you) got the courage to start on sotret (30 mg). it's all kind of ironic because i am actually a doctor who spent the majority of my life glued to a mirror wishing that i had perfect skin. i thought about accutane for a long time-tried lots of other meds (bp, proactiv, clindamycin, doxycycline, etc) without success and now finally decided that i cannot handle having bad skin. i am getting married next year and i want to have perfect skin for my wedding! having bad skin has been terrible--i cannot even look my patients in the eyes because i am so embarassed about my skin:( so the other day, i walked downstairs to the dermatology clinic in the afternoon and basically asked one of the derms i work with a lot to start me on accutante. so, here i am on day 21 of my journey.

i certainly had my ib during my first week-it was not pretty! right now, other than my lips being super dry and having a couple of big ass pimples, i think things are improving....keep you guys posted.

pp

oo god i lovee these new usernames, they gett better with each passing day! pimpleprincess. aww don't cal yourself that!

i acttually find it ironic as well that your a doctor and didn't do anything about your skin until now.

the reason i never started on accutane until now was because i guess i never really wanted to admit that i needed it...most of the patients i saw who were put on accutane had pretty severe cystic acne and since i never had that, i thought that with ocp and topicals and doxycycline that it would be ok--but to be honest, i just got sick of putting on makeup at 5am to go to work or the gym...it reached the point that i would spend my entire day staring at other people's skin and wishing that i had beautiful clear skin....a few friends of mine went on accutane for mild/moderate acne and they look amazing--i also starting getting acne on my upper arms and back and it just was making me so depressed that i realized i had to do something. i've thought about accutane on and off for 10 years, so this has been a long time coming...

and for you nosy ones out there...i'm an er doc...

pp