Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Is MATTE Longer lasting than INTENSIVE IN EVERYDAY MINERALS?

I read and think it's Matte but a lot of people say intensive... please tell me. I need the best one for controling oil.

The intensive foundation is supposed to have more staying power and I love it, but I never had a problem with the matte formula coming off.

Technically, the intensive foundation is closer to semi-matte, so the matte formula may do a better job of oil control, but the intensive offers a heavier coverage.

One suggestion for oil control- apply a light dusting of the finishing powder to your face before you apply the foundation. Then, finish off with another dusting of the finishing powder (after blush, etc.). This is what has worked best for me and others on the board.

If you do find that you are oily during the day, just lightly blot your face with a tissue or unbleached napkin. If you blot lightly, you will not remove any makeup.

Good luck! :)

The intensive foundation is supposed to have more staying power and I love it, but I never had a problem with the matte formula coming off.

Technically, the intensive foundation is closer to semi-matte, so the matte formula may do a better job of oil control, but the intensive offers a heavier coverage.

One suggestion for oil control- apply a light dusting of the finishing powder to your face before you apply the foundation. Then, finish off with another dusting of the finishing powder (after blush, etc.). This is what has worked best for me and others on the board.

If you do find that you are oily during the day, just lightly blot your face with a tissue or unbleached napkin. If you blot lightly, you will not remove any makeup.

Good luck! :)

So i have no need to worry about the corn starch in the dust? u know... bacteria and stuff

I think that the intensive definitely covers the red marks so much better than the matte, even though the matte does a good job too. MAYBE the matte does a little better in terms of oil control, but not much. It's up to you if you value covering marks over oil control.

I'm not sure about the corn starch deal. I've been using it sparingly just in case and waiting to get feedback from other EM users on here in case they have problems.