Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acne Really Sucks

Liver Cleanse Question

Ive been reading about this liver cleansing and I was considering trying it. I was gonna try CSR but BP bleaches your skin after a while and I only have very mild acne. I just wanna try the liver cleanse cuz i have a feeling that things are backed up. Idon't have as much energy as I used to so I wanna flush my body. I read on the internet that these things are safe, but i told my mom about it and she said i was crazy. She said id prolly get an ulcer from all the acid in the appla juice and that Id prolly have to be rushed to the hospital due to lack of electrolytes. Has anyone here every tried it and felt rejuvented. I need any help I can get. If you tried it or even know a litttle bit about them, just type, type anything. Thanks.,

Nope, I haven't done it because there are so many contradictions and different sides to it. Some say its a healthy move others say its not and so on but its interesting for sure.

I am not sure whether I believe the liver cleanse is beneficial or not, even though I tried it last night. But I do think your Mom is exaggerating about rushing you to the hospital. If you think you are backed up, you should start with PB shakes anyway, as a liver cleanse is not going to work if your colon and intestines are backed up. PB shakes are just a combo of psyllium and bentonite clay. You can search on them. It's really just a bunch of fiber. I would try that first and lots of water. Your mom couldn't possibly be against fiber and water???

Oh, and instead of apple juice, you can take malic acid pills. It's the malic acid in the apple juice that you want. It's much safer. Good luck.

Oh and don't doubt the power of BP! It's awesome. However, if you are worried about the skin bleaching, you can try the natural alternative of tea tree oil. Also, some say BP can cause premature aging due to free radicals. However, tea tree does not have free radicals. Mix it with Jojoba Oil.

Yeah she's a exohypocondriact. I'll try metamucil instead of PB shakes. I just saw those gallstone pics on this site and it disgusted me to think they could be inside me blockin my bile. Nobody messes with my bile.

I'd check out Dr. Foster's liver cleanse with gentle herbs: http://www.startthehealing.com/liver.html#livertoxicity. I have not yet done it, but I really like some of her other formulas. I like that her herbs are tinctures as well, because that makes them stronger. I've been really impressed with the information on her website. I got rid of my acne by drinking 4 cups of green smoothies a day, but if I stop the smoothies, I start breaking out again, so obviously, something is still out of balance. I think a liver cleanse would be a great idea.