Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xboxhaxorz

Proactiv Toner help with scars?

I have stopped using bp on my scars which are on my cheeks, and now just put bp on my nos e and my forehad. Instead i now just cleanse my skin via cetafil wait about 5 mins apply the revitalizing proactiv toner to all areas wait 5 mins apply bp to non scarred areas wait 5 mins and then apply lubriderm lotion to all areas focusing on areas which are most dry.

People have stated that glycolic peels can help with scarring, so perhaps the acid form could as well?

I have stopped using bp on my scars which are on my cheeks, and now just put bp on my nos e and my forehad. Instead i now just cleanse my skin via cetafil wait about 5 mins apply the revitalizing proactiv toner to all areas wait 5 mins apply bp to non scarred areas wait 5 mins and then apply lubriderm lotion to all areas focusing on areas which are most dry.

People have stated that glycolic peels can help with scarring, so perhaps the acid form could as well?

Hey I stopped using my proactiv face wash and repairing lotion but I still use my toner b/c it doesn't have any BP and people have said that they've had success getting rid of scars with glycolic toners as well as incorporating other products into their regimen. So I'm testing this theory as well.

Huh. I didn't know it had glycolic acid. Maybe that's why the toner stings so much?

Yep, that's why.

Proactiv also has some irritating ingredients in it...maybe you should try something that has glycolic acid in it but that is easier on the skin.

I've been trying one with salicylic acid in it (Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid) and I didn't really think I had results. Then I stopped using it. Ouch! I should have stuck with it becaue now I have clogged pores all over my face. I guess the results were just slow so I didn't notice a dramatic improvement. I definitely noticed my skin is crappier (I believe that's the scientific term LOL!) since I stopped. I just ordered another bottle. It doesn't get rid of acne I don't think, but it slowly helps your pores stay clearer. I'm sure for most of us on THIS messageboard it isn't enough to yield clear skin, but anything that makes it better is alright by me.

No, glycolic acid doesn't do anything for real acne scars, the pitted kind.

Buy, if by "acne scars" you mean redness and other discolorations, yes it will help with that.

To my understanging, acids can help to remove scar tissue and stronger peels help to stimulate collagen growth but it is a slow process.