Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok So all during college I had no pimples now I just been breaking out! last week I had 4 whiteheads and they went away. On wed-thursday this new big pimple has formed its not a whitehead its a red inflamed its soft a little bit and shiny on the top ever since thursday I been putting 2.5 BP and it hasnt helped its gotten a little bigger?? it doesnt hurt but its kinda big well not 2 big but alot bigger then my past acne what kinda of pimple is it and how do I treat it since BP isnt working?

It's most probably a cyst. The BP will bring it out to the surface, which helps it heal faster, so just keep up with the BP and DON'T pick. You'll be fine. :)

yeah i think i have the same thing you have and i'm also curious as to what type it is and how to treat it. i've had one on the tip of my nose for about 2 weeks now =/

i thought it was a papule which was supposed to go away in about a week or two. i saw serious improvement lately until this morning when i woke up and it looked bigger and more inflammed than it ever has. so i'm starting to think maybe its a cyst...could someone explain the difference between a cyst and a papule for me? i'm kind of confused right now.

but yes when i first got it, i just kept a steady amount of BP on it and it really seemed to help, so i would just continue with that

yeah i think i have the same thing you have and i'm also curious as to what type it is and how to treat it. i've had one on the tip of my nose for about 2 weeks now =/

i thought it was a papule which was supposed to go away in about a week or two. i saw serious improvement lately until this morning when i woke up and it looked bigger and more inflammed than it ever has. so i'm starting to think maybe its a cyst...could someone explain the difference between a cyst and a papule for me? i'm kind of confused right now.

but yes when i first got it, i just kept a steady amount of BP on it and it really seemed to help, so i would just continue with that

is it inflamed under the surface of the skin, so much so that most of it is under the surface? if so its a cyst

if its all at the surface its a papule

make a thick paste of baking soda with water and leave it on the cyst overnight. Make sure its baking soda and not baking powder. That helps to bring down the swelling sometimes.