Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arandomname

Need to know about zinc!

I've read the page Dan wrote on other things that have been shown to help acne multiple times.

I read the zinc part and saw there was very good results all around. It says take 30 mg daily, but that too much zinc is toxic.

Since the recommended intake of zinc is 8-11 mg or so, would I be fine in taking a 50mg tablet every two days? I just dno't want any weird zinc related diseases :|

I've read the page Dan wrote on other things that have been shown to help acne multiple times.

I read the zinc part and saw there was very good results all around. It says take 30 mg daily, but that too much zinc is toxic.

Since the recommended intake of zinc is 8-11 mg or so, would I be fine in taking a 50mg tablet every two days? I just dno't want any weird zinc related diseases :|

Usually there is nothing to worry about if you want to take the 50mg tablets.

I've read users here taking as much as 100-200mg a day with no ill effects. But as with any vitamin it's prolly not a good idea to do long term.

For me personally I find that taking 100mg is the max per day because if I take more I get a tummy ache.

Take with food to be safe.

So are you saying that long term HIGH zinc doses is bad or that ALL long term zinc is bad?

I'd really like to just take a bit above the average every day long term as long as it won't hurt anything

PS: Thanks for the quick reply

So are you saying that long term HIGH zinc doses is bad or that ALL long term zinc is bad?

I'd really like to just take a bit above the average every day long term as long as it won't hurt anything

PS: Thanks for the quick reply

There a lot of theories circulating about why it's bad to take supplements long term. Some of those circulate around the fact there isn't enough long term studies citing the safety. Also it's thought that vitamins and minerals work best when they are in the presence of other certain others. For example taking Zinc can cause a deficency of copper, and in nature (food) Zinc is often found with copper, which kind of explains it.

Some people develope side effects when they take supplements long term or in high doses both short and long term. Since everyone seems to be so different it's good advice to be very cautious.

So you already know what the daily Zinc intake is, now maybe you could try 50mg for a month and if everything seems fine, then mabybe you can take it up a notch if you havent seen an improvement in yout acne.

My acne is basically under control, but I'm taking zinc now to try and polish everything off all nice if you get what I mean.

I have the occasional blemish, but I figure that zinc might just be the final dagger and make it so there's NO more blemishes. (Just to let you know, I'm very happy with the regimen results so far)

Thanks for your input, though. I read about the whole copper and zinc relation. Thought it was interesting to say the least