Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Classic

Salicylic acid

Does SA prolong red marks like BP does?

No because SA is a Beta Hydroxy Acid which mean it can get inside the pores and exfoliate. Exfoliation is good for red marks but to a certaine xtent to much exfoliation will take away the barrier you have to retain moisture and then well you end up with dehydrated and dull looking skin.

Does SA prolong red marks like BP does?

No because SA is a Beta Hydroxy Acid which mean it can get inside the pores and exfoliate. Exfoliation is good for red marks but to a certaine xtent to much exfoliation will take away the barrier you have to retain moisture and then well you end up with dehydrated and dull looking skin.

is there a way to get that barrier back?

yes don't exfoliate or if you do, only exfoliate once a week or every other week. Mine is coming back little by little , my skin finally looks more healthy and supple.

yes don't exfoliate or if you do, only exfoliate once a week or every other week. Mine is coming back little by little , my skin finally looks more healthy and supple.

ive been using salyclic acid in a cream for a few days. its quite harsh on my skin (but im quite sensitive skinned). and to be honest i havent noticved alot of improvement with read marks. perhaps a little bit though.

another pro of SA is that it doesnt bleach fabrics :D.

good luck.