Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenaphile

Done with the Regimen!

I am 31 and have had cystic acne for 10 years. Three years ago, I started the regimen with major success. I decided to ween off the regimen for several reasons:

1) Despite changing moisturizers and exfoliating, I could never balance the moisture level in my skin and always ended up with dryness around my mouth, especially in the winter.

2) I became sick of bleached towels from the bp.

3) I noticed that when I forgot to use the bp, I wouldn't necessarily break out, which made me think that maybe I'm outgrowing my acne.

I watched a PBS special featuring Dr. Adrienne Denese (the pretty Hungarian lady who sells her products on QVC). It was very educational, as she explained the crucial steps needed to maintain youthful skin and keep it clear and smooth. I realized that, at age 31, I want to focus on keeping my skin looking youthful and prevent premature aging. I find this hard to do with a bp regimen. Anyway, I've been off bp for about a month, with no major breakouts, and I will keep you posted with how Dr. Denese's advice pans out.

I would like to add that I think anyone who is still suffering with acne, and is having success with the regimen, should stick with it. The regimen was a lifesaver for me when my acne was really bad.

I've always been really pale...despite living in Florida.

Why not try CSR? I don't get the connection between my white skin and not wanting to try the regimen...?

jenaphile, have you heard of the Principle Secret Advanced products? I use them because I too am interested in maintaining my youthful skin. I am 27.

I am also very pale white. When people tease me about it, even though it is in good humor, I remind them that a few centuries ago, pale skin was a sign of nobility, while a tan indicated that you were out working the fields everyday. That's why all the ladies had parasols. Thinking of that always makes me feel better. :cool:

jenaphile, have you heard of the Principle Secret Advanced products? I use them because I too am interested in maintaining my youthful skin. I am 27.

I am also very pale white. When people tease me about it, even though it is in good humor, I remind them that a few centuries ago, pale skin was a sign of nobility, while a tan indicated that you were out working the fields everyday. That's why all the ladies had parasols. Thinking of that always makes me feel better. :cool:

Yes, I've heard of the Principal Secret products. Right now I am interested in Dr. Denese's line of skin care, before I venture into other lines. Nah, I don't let comments about being pale bother me. I have very youthful skin for my age-- mostly in part from good genes, and staying out of the sun.