Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Realdeal

Trouble with TCA Cross

Having read a lot of the information on here regarding TCA Cross for a while and being very interested in this method myself,it has become very clear that a wide variety of variables can affect the outcome and success gained from this procedure.

However one variable that stands out form the rest in terms of significance seems to be the quality or exact concentration of actual TCA.Reaching this conclusion from reading the clinical studies carried out using 100% TCA,to summarise briefly those using 100% TCA got alot better results than those using 65% TCA,also the group who recieved 5 or 6 treatments with 100% TCA achieved what were described as excellent results,whereby an excellent result is what the patient him or herself perceives with their own eyes.

From what I have read on this board not everyone seems to be achieving similar results to those achieved in the clinical studies,the only differances being that the TCA is self administered and bought from sources such as internet websites and ebay! The main point I am trying to drive home here is that how can we be sure of the quality or exact percentage of TCA purchased from these websites,for all we know the TCA could be of very low quality and/or for example 40% could be being passed off as being 100%.

Imagine a bodybuilder for example trying to gain muscle,so he consumes supposedly high-strength high-quality protein.A month later the bodybuilder sees very little increase in muscle from training with the protein shake to training without the protein shake.He switches to another brand of Protein shake with supposedly the same level of high-strength protein and bingo he makes massive gains.The bodybuilder concludes that the first shake was not as stated and was poor quailty and not high-strength.

So we can see from the above anology the importance of ensuring that the product we are using is what it claims to be to guarantee the results produced in clinical trials.

How do we do this? Chemical analysis perhaps?

Having read a lot of the information on here regarding TCA Cross for a while and being very interested in this method myself,it has become very clear that a wide variety of variables can affect the outcome and success gained from this procedure.

However one variable that stands out form the rest in terms of significance seems to be the quality or exact concentration of actual TCA.Reaching this conclusion from reading the clinical studies carried out using 100% TCA,to summarise briefly those using 100% TCA got alot better results than those using 65% TCA,also the group who recieved 5 or 6 treatments with 100% TCA achieved what were described as excellent results,whereby an excellent result is what the patient him or herself perceives with their own eyes.

From what I have read on this board not everyone seems to be achieving similar results to those achieved in the clinical studies,the only differances being that the TCA is self administered and bought from sources such as internet websites and ebay! The main point I am trying to drive home here is that how can we be sure of the quality or exact percentage of TCA purchased from these websites,for all we know the TCA could be of very low quality and/or for example 40% could be being passed off as being 100%.

Imagine a bodybuilder for example trying to gain muscle,so he consumes supposedly high-strength high-quality protein.A month later the bodybuilder sees very little increase in muscle from training with the protein shake to training without the protein shake.He switches to another brand of Protein shake with supposedly the same level of high-strength protein and bingo he makes massive gains.The bodybuilder concludes that the first shake was not as stated and was poor quailty and not high-strength.

So we can see from the above anology the importance of ensuring that the product we are using is what it claims to be to guarantee the results produced in clinical trials.

How do we do this? Chemical analysis perhaps?

U bring up a very good point! The answer to your question though, I don't know.? I've been using glycolic acid -40% and have wondered myself about wether or not it is of the quality that it's claimed to be.

You can always do a titration to figure out the true concentration. The only question I really have is what exactly does "100%" even mean in terms of molarity?

Aside from that, the only way to really be certain is to order from a chemical supply company, but generally speaking, an individual cannot do that.