Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thEneXtChaPter

Its all Destiny... Whether you like it or not

Alright, I dont mean to offend anyone, and I dont mean to discourage anyone. And no this post isn't intended to be a put down, this is from a guy who has acne and other things, so this is just my honest opinion, like it or not but here goes.... I realized this a while back, and now im not gonna bullshit anymore, here goes..

Its all destiny what you are, and everything thats hapepend with the way you are is inevitable. Theres things you can change about yourself, but things you can't. theres somethings that will be the way they are regardless.

Society is made up in different ways, everybody can't be tall, everybody can't be nice, and everybody can't be gorgeous.

When you have acne, you have acne, theres really nothing you can do about it. Thats one thing thats destined to happen. Accept it or not, I know it sux, but maybe in the end of your life, after you see what other people have gone through, you'll be able to thankgod that acne was all you had.

I've constantly been tryna change things, but you know what, im destined to be what I am. i've worked out ALOT, and yeah I worked out hard, sometimes too hard, i've bought a ton of workout drinks and different products that promised results, I have a ton of weights in my room, if you ever saw my room you'd guess a big bodybuilder lived there with the stack of weights I got, i've dieted right, I've used a bunch of acne products, and guess what.. After all that, im still small, I look like I've never touched a weight in my life before, and I still have acne. you can't change shit, its all destiny, I realised this a while back, which is why today was my 3rd straight day off from workin out after a summer of hard workin out, and is it really gonna make a difference if I workout or not?

I always wanted to be tall, not the tallest, but just tall enough where im not the shortest, shorter than everybody in a crowd or the shortest on the bball court. I even almost fell for a scam product promising to make you 4-6 inches taller, but you know what, i dont need to know that product is a scam. i can't possibly be tall because if I was tall I wouldn't be ME.. If I was tall i'd be past my limitations..

Your destined to be the way you are, yeah you can cheat destiny but there are consequences of that..

If you have acne, you have it, sorry, but going to the store and buying these acne products, or changing your diet or doin this ritual or that, wont make a difference, you'll still have acne. All these products you use, wont do a thing. Acne products are for people with pimples, not people with acne. When Imean people with pimples, I mean people with good skin who have an occasional breakout, but aren't constantly prone to acne..

am I saying your stuck with acne? No, it will staighten itself out, and when your meant to lose your acne, you'll lose it. but when your meant to have it, your gonna have it, its not as simple as usin this cream or taking this vitamin to solve it. and if you think im crazy or bein out of line, just think about how all the acne products and derm visits have helped you.. maybe it helped your acne alil, or maybe its all just in your mind, but it never got rid of your acne, and if your acne bothers you, it still will no matter what products your using.

Im short, but hey, if everybody was tall there wouldn't be such a thing as tall. Some people have to be short, im short, tough luck for me.

Some people are fat. im tired of people saying american kids are lazy and play video games all day thats why kids are fat, its not true. I've known plenty of kids in my life, who played sports just as much as me or even more than me, and anytime we'd go out to eat, I ate much more than them, and they are fat, I was not. I always ate alot, and i was never fat, because its not in my destiny.

If your fat, dont bother going on a crazy diet, dont bother goin to the store and buying those weight loss pills, because its not that simple, and the weight loss pills wont do shit for you.

Am I saying if your fat dont bother dieting and just learn to live with it? No. If your fat, cut out alotta junk food and cut down, just dont go crazy and over diet yourself. Things even themselves out, I've scene a bunch of fat kids who are now tall and thin. It happens, if your fat, diet and try to keep your health good, but dont expect a miracle pill to change your destiny and make you thin, or a new diet to make you thin overnight.

If you dont eat a very unhealthy diet, your weight will even itself out and settle itself overtime.

Theres ways you can cheat your destiny, but theres consequences.

Im meant to have acne, nothing I used would work, wasn't possible to get rid of my acne. I used accutane, thats cheating destiny. It was too good to be true that my acne would just go away, I knew in the back of my mind I shouldn't be messing around with accutane. Well it made all my pimples go away, I still have acne in the form of redmarks, but there were consequences. now I have back pains, even after 7 weeks off the medicine, and now im just in bad physical shape, I used to be a guy who was strong for a thin guy, im now small and weak.

If your over weight, you can cheat destiny and get skinny even after anything you tried failed. You can have surgery done or do unhealthy things like starve yourself, yeah maybe that'll work but it will cause serious health problems.

As hard as i worked out, im still small, i've been workin out for 3 years now. Its just not meant to be for me. But theres other kids who work out, and they are big, because they just have a different body type and have it in them to be big.

Now Alot of people take steroids. Yeah I can cheat destiny once again, I could take Roids, I think that would help me get bigger and in the shape I want, but guess what, they'll be consequences, and it wont be worth it.

Was accutane worth it? No. I was meant to have acne, I should of just dealt with it and left it alone.

Now I have an achin bck and im just not the same physical wise. And I waisted all this time and money workin out, I shouldn't of bothered.

Just accept yourself for what you are even if your not happy with it. Nature will take its course and things will even out, just dont fuck around with anything or do anything that will have consequences. Dont do anything risky to change yourself, because in the end, its not worth it. you have acne, and you might have other things goin on, but nature will take its course, and thats how you'll lose acne, not by these bullshit acne products because im not gonna lie, and you all know, none of them can get rid of acne. And if you say accutane will get rid of your acne, your wrong, and accutane has consequences. And yeah in the future my acne will come back after tane and its side effects, I can see it. Sorry for the long post, but just think about it.

dude i agree with you to an extent. i do not beleive in "destiny" i think life is what you make it. yea some things you really cant change, like some of us with acne its prety hard to get rid of and to make significant improvements you gotta make some sacrifices. but thats life dude you gotta take the good with the bad. everyone has there problems (and i mean everyone) no one is perfect. you might think you know some one really well and think there life is perfect and they may haver perfect skin loof really attractive be big and ripped watever, but trust me there will be somethin about them that is fucked or makes them depressed, watever.

i think your right just accept yourself for what you are evan if your not happy with it because ironically thats the only way your ever gonna be happy with yourself.

my advice is dont worry to much of what others think of you and dont take yourself to seriously. never try to be better than someone else and try not to compare youself to others to much. (and i say too much because id start to worry if everyone thought you were a dick cause then most likey you are a dick)

i think just try to be the best person YOU can be and i also think its important to know what you want out of life because when you think about the big picture acne is not a huge issue and eventually your gonna overcome it. i think one day your gonna be thinkin, shit remember when i used to get so upset about my acne and probably just laugh it off.

i dont know much about scarring but im prety sure there are ways of gettin rid of em, im sure theyd be prety expensive but im sure you could do it if you had the money

all im sayin is, you are what you are. I didn't mean to make a rediculously long post, so i'll shorten it up here.

You are what you are, you can either accept it or not accept it happy or not. Your only chance in life is to accept what you are, even if theres certain things that you aren't happy with.

Theres not 1 cure for acne, so whe you have it, thats it, you can't get rid of it. And the only thing that can help alot, is accutane, but accutane just isn't natural, and it comes with consequences.

And when you said no1 is perfect, the people I know who i may think are perfect but theres one thing that gets them depressed, thats already a big thing to me, cause I wish I had 1 thing that got me depressed/angry.. I currently have about 6 or 7.

but its destiny, some things are just beyond your control.

It sux realising this but what am I gonna do.. I used to worry about whats gonna happen in the future, acne bothers me but am I gonna go bald? I was worrying for a while that I'd bald one day, because I cut hair, I cut my own hair, its too good to be true that I can get a good haircut and look nice whenver I want. 1st I get acne which fucks it up, Then I always worried I'd lose my hair. i read about hairloss, and myths/scam products and how to stop it and what not.. But you know what, i dont give a fuck now, because if im gonna bald one day, im gonna bald, no way of stoppin it. If Im destined to be a bald guy, its gonna happen, no product or anything else will stop it so whatever.

All im saying is, its inevitable. Nature will take its course.

What about scarring?

I couldn't agree less. I used to be an oily, disgusting, fat kid with specs, who got rejected by girls all the time, with mediocre grades, with a solid lower-middle-class background. Now I'm pretty well-built, in a top Ivy League, pretty good looking, and girls like me.

BUT I have some scars and I'm now gay (so the girls don't matter). I have to fake confidence all the time. I refuse to accept my acne scars, but this is the worst battle I've ever had to fight.

i think that was a wicked post! it made me smile (not in a laughing way) just like you are who you are, accept it. its kinda cheered me up now. im gonna go out now with my head held high and flick a finger to everyone out there who doesnt like me for who i am. :angel:

:clap: thanks nymjt

well i think your mostly right however i dont think you cant change who you are because i really believe people can change, i dont give a fuck what anyone says if you want to improve yourself or change you can. some people will change for the worse however too. dude you say you have 6 or 7 things makin you depressed right now, well that may be so but honestly a time will come when youll get over them, wont care about em or youll do somethin about em and fix em. maybe im completely of base here but by the sounds of it you almost sound like your sayin i give up this is me im just gonna accept it and not try to improve on the things i dont like about myself. i just think thats a bad way to look at things.

accutane isnt the only thing that helps a lot of us with acne. That may be your case, but that certainly cant be said for everybody.

i used to have acne all over my face, now all i have left are red marks, and i was on the regimen, not accutane. Sure, you cant get rid of acne, but you can definitely hold it down and keep it at bay.

I believe there is very little that is actually beyond control, because believing a lot of things are is just such a depressing way to look at things. Id like to think i can change a lot of the things i want to change, like acne for instance. If i had just let it go and not cared about it, i would not look as good as i do today, but i didnt just let it go, i stepped up and got on a regimen. And, i think its possible for all people to change, hell, IVE SEEN IT HAPPEN, and it was them that made the decision.

Really? I can't seem to gain muscle mass too. You don't look that skinny. Heck, I might even take a picture of my biceps to show you how thin I am. I mean, I do lift occasionally but I get lazy and end up forgetting it and if I do I only lift either 15 or 20 depending on whether I feel like lifting. Haha.

I think it's more genetics than destiny... But it's true people should stop fighting there destiny (genetics) and just accept, even though it's way harder than it sounds. People will always want to be better than the reflection in the mirror.

You are what you are. You just gotta learn to accept yourself. NYMJT i liked most of what you said but I have disagreement with one thing. Yous said theres way worse things than acne well Im gonna go out on a limb and say that bad acne truly is one of the worst things that can happen to someone. Id gladly trade my house, my family, 20 years of my life, a foot, hell maybe even a limb, if i could have a normal looking face. Because an acceptable appearance is what makes you a welcome member of society. Forget all the bullshit that looks arent important. Whoever said that must of been really goodlooking. Looks count they count way more than a normal looking person could ever imagine.

You are telling me to give up and just accept it as destiny.

Genetics put limitations on us but I think this whole destiny thing is bullshit.

I always wanted to be tall, not the tallest, but just tall enough where im not the shortest, shorter than everybody in a crowd or the shortest on the bball court. I even almost fell for a scam product promising to make you 4-6 inches taller, but you know what, i dont need to know that product is a scam. i can't possibly be tall because if I was tall I wouldn't be ME.. If I was tall i'd be past my limitations..

dude

shortsupport.org

under 'hospitals' LIFEBRIDGE @ USA is good but $$$$$$$$

im goin 4 3rd world cheap $$ surgery +10.6 cm go me!

I agree with you so much on this topic. Except, I like to think of destiny as another obstacle from my goal. That way, I can keep myself going.

YOur career and all that will be destiny for sure but everything else is free to be whatever. I mean that I draw and paint because I was born able to look at something and reproduce it in oils or charcoal. I am horrid at geography and remembering names and also have a horrible sense of direction. Everyone has a genetic code that does ultimately decide certain things for u, what u are good at and not good at.

However I had bad skin and some acne scars. I went on accutane and now have great skin (no acne, blackheads or excessive oil) I also went in and had the 4 scars from acne removed.

Certain things cannot be changed but acne and scars are not one of them.

I don't really believe in destiny (in the sense that life is predetermined). Though I don't believe in free will either.

In any case, there are certainly things that can be done to change one's life. Generally if you want to be good at something, all you really need is the motivation to be good at it. Beyond that it is a matter of finding the right way of practicing and honing your skills at whatever that something is. You might not be able to be the BEST at something, but you can certainly become good at almost anything (e.g. far better than average). I think that applies to working out too, NYMJT, though you have to make sure you have a good regimine (that you make more challenging, in the right way, as time goes on).

As for acne, there are a lot of things that can be done. While you might not know if a particular treatment will work or not, you still should try it. You should also do your best to maintain a positive attitude about your treatments, as the placebo effect is a tool you should use. See my post on the placebo effect. A dozen treatments might not work, and it is possible nothing will work, but you have to try before you'll know. Afterall, we know that most of the treatments work for most people; that's a scientific fact. It is up to each of us with acne to find out if we are one of the people a given treatment works on, however.

-Drachasor

if everyone just resigned to destiny, there wouldnt be a motivation for improvement.For instance if u resigned yourself to being short, ure taking away any possible chance ul grow thru maybe jumping everyday or swimming.I think u gotta work to a certain level of attainment that is feasible but then anything beyond that u just gotta accept what you've been given.

Ok some of you maybe got the wrong idea about this post. I didn't say everything is destiny, meaning if you play basketball, and your not a good basketball player, thats your destiny and you'll never get better. no thats not what I meant. If your not good enough at something, you can improve, takes work and practice, thats not destiny. When I mean destiny, I mean what YOU are, in terms of how your born.

I can improve in basketball when I played, infact I did improve a good amount, but my height was always a problem no matter how much I improved. I was able to improve in bball, but I couldn't get taller.

And to the guy that said theres many things that work for acne other than accutane, no i disagree. When your acne is bad, the CSR aint gonna help it. 2nd off, you said all you have left is redmarks, thats acne, and yours may not look bad, but my red marks look bad.

I beleive in destiny sometimes, I mean ALOT of times I think why me? Why does this have to happen to me and not everyone else?

Yestarday I went to college, 1st day getting started, I had 2 wait on a long line for literally almost 2 hours to get my ID pic taken and my ID card. Out of all the people on the line, they spelled MY name wrong, no I gotta go get it fixed. Then in the computer room, they were showing us our computer accounts at the school which is very important, out of everyone in the room, MY account just wouldn't work, so now they have to work on it and get it fixed for me somehow or else create me a new one. but it just had to heppen to me?

Destiny is what you are, so dont try and dress differently to impress people and wear clothes that aren't in your style, just be yourself. Thats all im saying.