Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrmatt91

back acne question

hello im new here and i was wondering if going in my hot tub will help my back acne? im ready to try anything to get rid of this annoying crap.

thanks

hello im new here and i was wondering if going in my hot tub will help my back acne? im ready to try anything to get rid of this annoying crap.

thanks

I think it'll mostly relax you...

It might soften your skin but thats it. Also I've heard that hot tubs have a lot of bacteria in the water since lot of people use them and the water isnt hot enough to kill the germs. This might make your skin worse.

My hot tub gives me folliculitis all the time. We've done all we can to clean it, and I'm the only one in a family of 8 that consistently gets problems. I found this particularly gross piece of information here.

Better think twice before soothing those aching muscles in a whirlpool bath or hot tub. Whirlpool bathtubs can be a breeding ground for a host of disease-causing bacteria. Every hot tub tested has some kind of bacterial or microbial growth. In most hot tubs, bacteria derived from feces are present, while four fifths have fungi and a third contain potentially deadly staphylococcus bacteria.

:sick: I don't know anything about this doctor, so I really hope he's either a crackpot or exaggerating! The concept bothers me quite a bit. While I know that bacteria aren't lying in wait to attack me, I have almost no immune system (I've been on an immunosuppresant for over a year) and this does not look appealing at all. Ick.

it doesnt seem to cause a problem and ive seen some clearing up after about a week. and mines at least 105 degrees so bacteria isnt really a problem and im the only that really uses it :)

hot tubs are horrible for your skin! you should send it to me right now to prevent further damage. =P