Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Sincerely_Me

Duac...experiences?

Guest Sincerely_Me

I'm planning on going to a derm to get a prescription...

I have mild acne, and BP has worked well for me, and cleared me, but it is persistent, and my next step is to see if a derm can help. I know duac has 5% BP...and since I've done well with BP, with zero side effects, except for some dryness (no initial breakout or anything) I was thinking about asking my derm about it. I was wondering if any of you have tried it and what your experiences with it were.

Thanks!!

I really wanted to try this while doing research... it sounded great, and especially since you already use BP, the chance of an IB is very slim.

However, clindamycin is a STRONG antibiotic... while taking it orally, I had problems with it, but I think that if I had just taken it topically would have been great... it was the best antibiotic I tried.

Good luck!

Guest Sincerely_Me

I really wanted to try this while doing research... it sounded great, and especially since you already use BP, the chance of an IB is very slim.

However, clindamycin is a STRONG antibiotic... while taking it orally, I had problems with it, but I think that if I had just taken it topically would have been great... it was the best antibiotic I tried.

Good luck!

That made me happy to hear. I heard this is one of the more gentler acne treatments, Retin-A and Differin sound too harsh. Benzaclin is supposedly the same thing, but I'll ask for Duac, that was encouraging! Thank you! :D

i've been using it for about 2 days now and i havent seen a difference. my face feels really dry though...

I'm planning on going to a derm to get a prescription...

I have mild acne, and BP has worked well for me, and cleared me, but it is persistent, and my next step is to see if a derm can help. I know duac has 5% BP...and since I've done well with BP, with zero side effects, except for some dryness (no initial breakout or anything) I was thinking about asking my derm about it. I was wondering if any of you have tried it and what your experiences with it were.

Thanks!!

I've been using Duac since the end of April, along with retin-a and doxy. It's pretty good, although my acne tends to be cystic which really only accutane will take care of for good. But Duac has served its purpose well enough for me! Once I am done with accutane, I may go back to using Duac every other morning for long term maintenance.

I've been using Duac for about a year now and I love it! Most topicals don't do anything for my acne but Duac works well at keeping the spots away. I use it in combination with Retin-A. It's also quite moisturising. I'd say give it a try.