Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acne Really Sucks

I tried everything...Nothing Works(must read)

I just feel like ventin so...

I tried everything: started with stridex, neutrogena and things along that line. Started taking monocycline, tetracycline, and retin A. That didn't work so I took the mother of them all ...Acutane. It worked for about 6 months then I started gettin it again. I tried fixing my diet and drinking lots of water. I don't drink soda at all or iced tea, just water, 8 glasses a day. Nothin Works. I don't even wash my face with soap no more cuz everything irritates it. I simply was my face with water 2 times a day in the shower. I even started dry shavin cuz shavin cream irritates my face. I'm experimentin with herbs right now(echinacea, burdock, dandelion root). Let me know if you have any luck with anything.

P.S. There is one thing that i have found that works a little. That is Hydrocortisone cream. It really reduces the swelling/inflammation thus less pustules. I wouldn't use it daily cuz it is a steroid but if you do try it get the stuff with the vitamins mixed in with it and put it on your face before bed.

Well, what you are currently doing is really good for your health in general, and it should help your acne, but I do think that washing your face with just water is not so goo, I mean you need to get all oil and dirt off, and I don't know if water can be enough. I suggest you use a really gentle oil-free and non-comedogenic face wash. Gel form is better I think, because you just wash it away with water, instead of a cleansing milk that may need also a toner.

All I do is use a neem and turmeric face wash from himalaya herbal. Everything else seemed to irritate my skin. I also use Head and shoulders as my shampoo and use it on my body acne. Really Works.

Me and my brother have been on the same routine for a month now and have not had any real spots in two weeks now. i think the best thing to do is keep at the healthy diet (cut out dairy!!) and just wash the face with a natural soap (I really think you should try the neem one that I have got, no one else seems to use neem on this forum and I would like to know if it works on anyone else).

I just feel like ventin so...

I tried everything: started with stridex, neutrogena and things along that line. Started taking monocycline, tetracycline, and retin A. That didn't work so I took the mother of them all ...Acutane. It worked for about 6 months then I started gettin it again. I tried fixing my diet and drinking lots of water. I don't drink soda at all or iced tea, just water, 8 glasses a day. Nothin Works. I don't even wash my face with soap no more cuz everything irritates it. I simply was my face with water 2 times a day in the shower. I even started dry shavin cuz shavin cream irritates my face. I'm experimentin with herbs right now(echinacea, burdock, dandelion root). Let me know if you have any luck with anything.

P.S. There is one thing that i have found that works a little. That is Hydrocortisone cream. It really reduces the swelling/inflammation thus less pustules. I wouldn't use it daily cuz it is a steroid but if you do try it get the stuff with the vitamins mixed in with it and put it on your face before bed.

Oh yeah, I've tried all that. You haven't done everything yet. There's Traditional Chinese Medicine approaches to it, getting Accupuncture, cutting out all foods that could break you out and eating VERY healthy, doing body cleanses like liver flushing and colon cleansing, taking probiotics, fighting off candida which you likely now have from taking antibiotics... you haven't hit the tip of the ice berg :) But be glad because there could still be something out there that works for you.

Im prolly gonna try CSR next

As for washhing my face I used to use neutrogena with saliclylic acid, drys skin out too much.

I'm considering the neem cuz it is natural and I heard good things, where can i get some for cheap.

What is all of this about colon and liver cleansing. I know colon cleansing is an enama, but what do u use for the liver

That is true in a way- when you stop worrying, your skin starts to clear...It's some weird psychological thing. But I wish you all luck in whatever you try. Don't give up hope, because clear skin is in the picture for everyone.

i just tried the Hydrocortisone thing aswell , does it really work with inflamed zits?

what is the one mixed with vitamins?

post a bit more on this theory please!!!!!!!

The ones with vitamins just has added benefits of vitamin A (as in retin A) and vitamin E which helps the healin process. I don't know if it som much works on zits that are already there, but I think it does benefit ones that are growing under the surface. There are certain toothpastes you can use (not gel) that'll dry the fuckers up in no time