Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a girl

tea tree oil for cysts

I have been a sufferer from deep and painful cysts on my chin for probably about five years, and I had never been able to find anything that seemed to help at all until I tried tea tree oil. I am a little bit hesitant to post this, since I have no idea if my finding has any medical basis at all, but all I can say is that for me tea tree oil causes the cysts to shrink and disappear underneath my skin within a few days. I just put a very small amount of the oil on a cotton ball and dab it onto my chin after I have washed my face. Then I wait 15 minutes and apply the CSR gel as normal. I just wanted to put this out there and see if it could help anyone else because I know how frustrating having cysts can be.

I have been a sufferer from deep and painful cysts on my chin for probably about five years, and I had never been able to find anything that seemed to help at all until I tried tea tree oil. I am a little bit hesitant to post this, since I have no idea if my finding has any medical basis at all, but all I can say is that for me tea tree oil causes the cysts to shrink and disappear underneath my skin within a few days. I just put a very small amount of the oil on a cotton ball and dab it onto my chin after I have washed my face. Then I wait 15 minutes and apply the CSR gel as normal. I just wanted to put this out there and see if it could help anyone else because I know how frustrating having cysts can be.

can u pls tell me where can find tea tree oil...i want to buy it from a store and not internet...btw i live in US...and for ur knowledge i've heard that tea tree oil is as effective as bp....i know this coz i'm allergic to bp...so i'm searching for a bp alternative...all the best for ur regimen...

You can find tea tree oil at a lot of places, especially at health food stores such as Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Also, many grocery stores sell it - just look in the section where they have rubbing alcohol and antiseptics and stuff like that. I'm sure you can find it somewhere wherever you live. You might want to be a careful if you buy 100% pure tea trea oil, because it can be extremely drying. It helps to dilute it with water before applying it to your face. What I do sometimes is put some tea tree oil on a cotton ball, then add some water to the cotton ball, and then hold it on my chin for about 10 seconds or so. But that's just what I do - you should figure out what works for you! It is too bad that you are allergic to BP - I hope this helps, and let me know how it goes.

I love tea tree oil... I use the CSR regimen, but I spot trat with tea tree oil and it really helps me with any type of pimple I get.

You can find tea tree oil at a lot of places, especially at health food stores such as Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Also, many grocery stores sell it - just look in the section where they have rubbing alcohol and antiseptics and stuff like that. I'm sure you can find it somewhere wherever you live. You might want to be a careful if you buy 100% pure tea trea oil, because it can be extremely drying. It helps to dilute it with water before applying it to your face. What I do sometimes is put some tea tree oil on a cotton ball, then add some water to the cotton ball, and then hold it on my chin for about 10 seconds or so. But that's just what I do - you should figure out what works for you! It is too bad that you are allergic to BP - I hope this helps, and let me know how it goes.

thanks a lot agirl...i'll now buy it very soon and then will update the results...

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but tea tree oil did nothing for my rather small cysts. Of course everyone is different but in general TTO is meant for comedogenic acne like blackheads and whiteheads and does little to combat inflammatory acne like cysts. YMMV