Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimistic

Proactiv makes scars worse?

Does anyone that has used Proactiv seen a difference in their scars me and my sis both think that Proactiv make our scars worse when I told my derm this she looked at me like I was crazy but I've stopped using it for this reason we have olive skin so this might be a factor but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

well proactiv gave me horrible acne which led to bad scars but when i used it, it didnt really make my scars look worse.

Grapesrgood, sorry 2 here that it broke u out did u ever scar from acne previous to using Proactiv? I just started noticing more scars very shallow scars thank god! I think that Proactiv has made me more susceptible (spelling?) to scarring.

well proactiv gave me horrible acne which led to bad scars but when i used it, it didnt really make my scars look worse.

Grapesrgood, sorry 2 here that it broke u out did u ever scar from acne previous to using Proactiv? I just started noticing more scars very shallow scars thank god! I think that Proactiv has made me more susceptible (spelling?) to scarring.

no, it definately doesn't make you scar. It might dry out sores in the healing process which isn't good so don't directly apply a ton of it to a healing sore.

no, it definately doesn't make you scar. It might dry out sores in the healing process which isn't good so don't directly apply a ton of it to a healing sore.

Does Bp mot make your skin thinner or less resilient? B/c I also had started noticing that the skin by my eyes was tighter making my fine lines (crows feet) more prevelant.

Healing wounds must be kept moist to keep from scarring--this info from my old plastic surgeon. Since BP is in proactiv and BP dries out the skin, then yes it can make active acne scar. MasterK posted about how his derm told him that proactive would make him scar more. I used it, and since I've stopped, I don't break out anymore. I don't use anything at all for acne. Just moisturize and wash my face only 2X a day.

Healing wounds must be kept moist to keep from scarring--this info from my old plastic surgeon. Since BP is in proactiv and BP dries out the skin, then yes it can make active acne scar. MasterK posted about how his derm told him that proactive would make him scar more. I used it, and since I've stopped, I don't break out anymore. I don't use anything at all for acne. Just moisturize and wash my face only 2X a day.

Thanks for your reply I'm never using stuff with BP again. Do you remember where this thread is at?

Thanks! :D

Well BP and proactive are useless in my and my dermos opinion. They dry out the skin from the outside and do nothing to control the actual cause of acne. In severly drying out he skin with BP and proactive all I did was get crappy looking skin and dried out the pmples I did have, which doesnt make them go away just took a lot longer for them to heal.

So many say that accutane caused their scarring but I am sure that BP could cause a scar much easier simply by overdrying the skin and making it tough to heal. Much more likely and logical that BP caused scars than accutane. I dont believe that accutane causes scars at all anyway.